How much bass can I truely get out of a 6.5" sub????

well the 6.5 american bass sub is like $80 shipped on CSG. If you don't want to have a crapload of bass, just some descent SQ bass then a 6.5 with a proper box should do just fine. It's all in what your bass preferences and how much you want to put into it. If it were me, I'd try to get an 8" in there. Although, I've been trying to convince my wife to let me put one of these 6.5's in the rear deck of her Ford Focus to get some better sound quality. I'm losing the battle!

American Bass XD6.54 | 6.5" Car stereo Subwoofer

well the 6.5 american bass sub is like $80 shipped on CSG. If you don't want to have a crapload of bass, just some descent SQ bass then a 6.5 with a proper box should do just fine. It's all in what your bass preferences and how much you want to put into it. If it were me, I'd try to get an 8" in there. Although, I've been trying to convince my wife to let me put one of these 6.5's in the rear deck of her Ford Focus to get some better sound quality. I'm losing the battle!
American Bass XD6.54 | 6.5" Car stereo Subwoofer
Why are you humping an 8 being in there. Two 6.5's have a cone area of 66.32 and one 8 has a cone area of 50.24. The American Bass 6.5's also have 60 ounce magnets. Sure they can't play as low as an 8 because of their size but, they will be louder than one 8 in that specific setup. Personally for them .5 cubes each would be more ideal but .8 overall is not so bad.

Why are you humping an 8 being in there. Two 6.5's have a cone area of 66.32 and one 8 has a cone area of 50.24. The American Bass 6.5's also have 60 ounce magnets. Sure they can't play as low as an 8 because of their size but, they will be louder than one 8 in that specific setup. Personally for them .5 cubes each would be more ideal but .8 overall is not so bad.
Personal preference Murph...it's all personal preference. Pricing on a single 8" would be cheaper as well, depending on which one you choose. Thanks for the technical specifications but at the end of the day my personal preference would be an 8" over 2 6.5's. He can do whatever he wants. Just stating the route I'd take in a respectful manner. Thanks for your input!

Personal preference Murph...it's all personal preference. Pricing on a single 8" would be cheaper as well, depending on which one you choose. Thanks for the technical specifications but at the end of the day my personal preference would be an 8" over 2 6.5's. He can do whatever he wants. Just stating the route I'd take in a respectful manner. Thanks for your input!
Do you own this thread? I feel like you want him to only listen to you. He wants the most output for his application and that will be with the 6.5's. Output costs money my friend. He can do what he wants but, judgement based on his best wishes is the way to go and by you pushing the 8 he will not get that. He can't fit an 8 also that would outdo the 6.5's such as a SA 8 v2 in his application, just saying.

Do you own this thread? I feel like you want him to only listen to you. He wants the most output for his application and that will be with the 6.5's. Output costs money my friend. He can do what he wants but, judgement based on his best wishes is the way to go and by you pushing the 8 he will not get that. He can't fit an 8 also that would outdo the 6.5's such as a SA 8 v2 in his application, just saying.
Done with you dude...tired of arguing in his thread. Good Luck with all your endeavors!

Thx guys. I'd consider an 8" as well, however I'd rather have more room for 2 6.5" over the possibility of "choking" an 8", lol. That at the simple fact that I've messed with everything from 8"-18" (including lj13.5 & square subs), lol. 6.5" is just something different for me, lol.

i used 6.5" subs in my Home theater. put them in a tapped horn and they rocked. with the right enclosure you can get some pretty impressive output from 6.5 subs.

Matt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.