How much bass can I truely get out of a 6.5" sub????

Yeah I saw that on another post. I was really thinking of add 2 6.5" in a center console to add some low end on my "awesome" BOSE system in the Avalanche. I put in a DD HU so running a small amp wouldn't be a problem now while keeping the BOSE system in tacked.

Yeah I saw that on another post. I was really thinking of add 2 6.5" in a center console to add some low end on my "awesome" BOSE system in the Avalanche. I put in a DD HU so running a small amp wouldn't be a problem now while keeping the BOSE system in tacked.
if you're going to put 2 of those in why not a single 8" sub.....

In a good T line box you may be surprised. I have a guy with Mini Clubman that did the 6w3 in the 6x9 location and it sounds full. Not super spl monster but a good full sound with a little thu mp.

I'm very limited on space since I want to put it under (or cover it with) the "shell" of the stock console. If I move things around I might be able to squeeze .75-.85 of space. I figured after all displacement the space left would be better used for the 6.5" ported.

In a good T line box you may be surprised. I have a guy with Mini Clubman that did the 6w3 in the 6x9 location and it sounds full. Not super spl monster but a good full sound with a little thu mp.
That's kinda what I'm looking for. I have another "toy" that I'll be getting my bass fix out of. This is just my daily and I want to fill in the bass with something full and not have it sound like the kids are working over time, lol.

ok so with limited space I know Rockfords got a small PUNCH 300watt amp that might work out for you.
As far as the amp (smaller is better of corse) I'm not as concerned with as I can slide it under one of the seats. If not then under the rear seat. I was more really interested in finding out if I should bother with 6.5" or if it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.