How many watts RMS could I run nicely off of an 85Ah AGM Deep Cycle batt

RSDXzec
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Australia
I was hoping to buy a 110Ah batt but it wont fit in my car so I may need to go down to an 85Ah... just wanted to know how many watts RMS (at 1.333 ohm impedance before box rise) members here would recommend running off a batt like this.

Cheers.

1k on high side if its class d
a 35ah stinger supports 1200
Roughly 1k. Have to factor in the draw of a front stage amp as well
liking the responses so far, my plans are 180rms tops to mids/highs class ab @4ohms and between 1050-1200w rms class d @1.34ohms... might go upto 1400 if i can but i doubt it

think I could run that fine?

like i said the cars almost 30 years old so no electric fuel pumps, EFI, or aircon etc.

liking the responses so far, my plans are 180rms tops to mids/highs class ab @4ohms and between 1050-1200w rms class d @1.34ohms... might go upto 1400 if i can but i doubt it
think I could run that fine?

like i said the cars almost 30 years old so no electric fuel pumps, EFI, or aircon etc.
Do the big three.

I'd say maximum total would be about 1500-1600 wrms but that would be pushing it. How efficient your sub stage amp is will make some difference.

What amp hour size your battery is has nothing at all to do with anything except how long you can play with your car not running.

OMG this forum needs a sticky on this topic so bad it’s insane.

Every day people ask questions like this about battery size and or alternator size. Yesterday there were four similar topics and there at least twenty per week.

Battery size has nothing to do with your system while the engine is running and how many batteries you have has nothing to do with anything either.

What amp hour size your battery is has nothing at all to do with anything except how long you can play with your car not running. OMG this forum needs a sticky on this topic so bad it’s insane.

Every day people ask questions like this about battery size and or alternator size. Yesterday there were four similar topics and there at least twenty per week.

Battery size has nothing to do with your system while the engine is running and how many batteries you have has nothing to do with anything either.
Then why don't you make this sticky then, since everybody is wrong and you are right.

I'd say maximum total would be about 1500-1600 wrms but that would be pushing it. How efficient your sub stage amp is will make some difference.
nice, I hope so, I'll see how it handles 1k on my subs and 180 on my mids/highs before I decide to try pushing my subs a bit harder.

What amp hour size your battery is has nothing at all to do with anything except how long you can play with your car not running. OMG this forum needs a sticky on this topic so bad it’s insane.

I disagree... my current battery around 20-25ah wont let me use more than around 500watts (with my car running) otherwise my sub amp goes into protect. Imo an AGM batt with more Ah would allow my amp to draw a lot more current instantly when it needs to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.