How Many Runs!?

_Vince
10+ year member

Hey CA users, I'm changing all my system in my 2011 Toyota Tundra and will be running at least 2 RE5000.1 (possibly 3) + high amps. I've contacted Mechman for a 320 amp alternator, 4 XS3100 (1 up front, 3 in back).

My question is how many runs of 1/0 gauge should I run and what brand.

I was looking at KnuKonceptz Kollosus and AudioTechnix but I'm still open to other brands, as long as they are good.

A local shop wants me to use Merlon Flex wire, but I haven't heard anything about them. Any feedback on this company?

I'm a knu guy myself. You won't go wrong running at by any means. I just like knu because they are more established at this point. Coleman hasn't had the chance to get fuse holders and RCA cables yet with his business expanding.

2 Runs will carry every bit of current that alt can put out. There is no reason to run more.
if this was completely true then why do hard core competitors run 8 runs of each or more.i can tell you that when i went from 3 runs of each to 8 runs of each my score and voltage was higher and more stable ,by alot

if this was completely true then why do hard core competitors run 8 runs of each or more.i can tell you that when i went from 3 runs of each to 8 runs of each my score and voltage was higher and more stable ,by alot
An this is coming from someone who competed so much he is a judge now. Listen to him.

put it this way .i had 3 runs of 0 for power and 3 with a sd 8000 was doing 151.2 db's ,added more runs ,up to 8 power and 6 grounds with 2 more grounds at the block by the amp and went up to a 152.8

Thanks all of you guys for the quick responses. Looks like it's a shootout between Knu and AT, no other brands are competition to them? Trying to get best power for the buck, if y'all catch my drift.

I'm already running Knu's RCA wires, I guess I should just keep it in the same family.

check this site out it will give you an idea of what you need to do bcae.1.com it has a little program to show voltage drop and what size wire you should run to lessen the drop and what the drop would be with diff wire gauges and lengths.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.