How many people have hearing problems?

According to the photo you linked (first one), the article states that it actually starts around 40yrs old. To me I can see around 40 but not 30's. The article goes into detail about the different types of hearing conditions. It also states that some are very rare and others are hereditary.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

i feel like ive gotten more hearing damage from flying small aircraft than anything lol

having the headset maxed out just to hear atc talk to you over the sound of the engine gets pretty **** loud

15 years of working in the flight deck of an aircraft carrier. That can be painful. Full range noise at 140db plus. I always had the comms so I couldn't use all the ear pro. I got some loss around 2000hz. Not to bad. Stereo audio should not be painful. Distortion is painful which can come from many things. Even panels flapping.
no doubt you lost hearing after that

good thing the military has good disability coverage for things like that.. not that you can pay for health but it helps

[quote name='ultimateherts']According to the photo you linked (first one), the article states that it actually starts around 40yrs old. To me I can see around 40 but not 30's. The article goes into detail about the different types of hearing conditions. It also states that some are very rare and others are hereditary.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Yea
Just depends on d
Genes and exposure.
I forgot where i had lost "decreased" sensivity but it wasnt bad.
Still better than old @LosIsATool

i feel like ive gotten more hearing damage from flying small aircraft than anything lol
having the headset maxed out just to hear atc talk to you over the sound of the engine gets pretty **** loud

no doubt you lost hearing after that

good thing the military has good disability coverage for things like that.. not that you can pay for health but it helps
They shift our baselines. It's the only way we can pass the exams. They will only do it after you been in for so long and they will only do it once. When I don't go out to sea it gets better. Last year they shifted it back up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.