How many people have hearing problems?

Some high frequency hearing loss in both ears. My hearing is tested annually because I work in a paper mill so I get a nice graph showing how my hearing is working in a variety of frequencies starting from the baseline when I started in '05.

I think most of my hearing loss came from all the rock concerts I went to in the early 70's...went at least once a week for several years and I was very close to the stage for most of them...I remember my ears ringing for hours after the Deep Purple/Machine Head concert...stood at the stage in front of Blackmore's tower of amps...it was so loud and so awesome.

I've lost hearing in the upper frequency range and had ringing in my ears since I was 21. I've listened to really loud music in the gym for 20 plus years and the ringing has gotten a little louder, but my brain tunes most of it out. I don't notice it a whole lot unless its dead silent or I remember that I have it or I get out of my 145db car after playing it full blast. I work on airplane parts and it's fairly loud in the shop. It's hard for me to understand anyone unless there talking loud or standing next to me.

So the general consensus is that lower (subwoofer frequencies) do not affect your hearing as much? I would still like to see a longer term studios like say 25 years from now... I know home audio and meditation has all kinds of snake oils geared towards certain frequencies (Synergistic Research).

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

15 years of working in the flight deck of an aircraft carrier. That can be painful. Full range noise at 140db plus. I always had the comms so I couldn't use all the ear pro. I got some loss around 2000hz. Not to bad.

Stereo audio should not be painful. Distortion is painful which can come from many things. Even panels flapping.

Ran **** loud back in my youth. Noticed some hearing loss after a few years so I backed off. Now, 20some years later, I am noticing a pretty steep decline in hearing, plus light ringing. Being older aint helping either. Oh well, **** it. Thats what hearing aids are for.

Army then IASCA then 15 years running a 25 foot long, 6 bladed component saw... 150 ain't what it used to be!

I was born with a hearing loss. From about 500hz my hearing slowly slopes at a rate of about -3db till 20Khz. I do have ringing in my ear occasionally.

Unless you work in a quiet atomsphere there is a really good chance you have hearing loss..
I still don't follow...30yrs old by many doctors is considered to be in our prime given different factors. Now 20yrs ago not so much. I just don't see how that can be?

I still don't follow...30yrs old by many doctors is considered to be in our prime given different factors. Now 20yrs ago not so much. I just don't see how that can be?
Ill find an article. Its more so about exposure limits and output. If you use a grinder almost everyday and don't use hearing protection its going to damage your hearing..

https://www.google.com/search?q=average+hearing+loss+over+time&client=ms-android-att-us&source=android-browser&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjo6ZTy9P_UAhUP5WMKHeL1BOMQ_AUICSgB&biw=360&bih=512#imgrc=0FCHm4PVAevU9M:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.