How many of you own "old school" equipment?

Had a couple of Concord HUs in the 80's (whatever happened to Concord??).

I miss my ADS L300i's. Great, even by TODAY'S standards!

I remember my dad's Sanyo 8-track HU in the 70's...bi-amped. 6x9 two-ways (possibly Jensen's, not sure), with two sets of wires from the HU to each. Tweeter volume and woofer volume. For its day, a pretty decent setup!

I think he only recently got rid of the Quadrophonic 8-track underdash car deck. You haven't heard "Whole Lotta Love" by Led Zeppelin until you've heard it in quad! (Surround Sound, before there was Surround Sound!)

I got these pioneer mini towers, i guess for HT

1 8" mid and a 1" tweeter.

8 ohms and 15 watts MAX !!

yes, 15watts.

The "box" that they were in stinks really nicely.

The mids had those square magnets not round ones.

amp section of sig... had DR xover and DR-505, eclipse ecd-416, some mobile es stuff.

brad... ready to sell me one of those 514 or 510? cmon

You'd be SO amazed at how little watts old stuff took. The 1978 boxes POUND, and I mean vibrate-the-****-house pound attached at a 25x2 watt amp.

Sorry for reviving this thread...I just needed to chime in, since I'm an old-shool lover, hehe. this is my first post but I've been visiting the forums since 2001...just never got around registering. Anyway, I have a Clarion Pro Audio ARX6470 head unit with CD changer, 4" first generation JL Audio speakers and a Kicker ZR600 amplifier powering two JBL Loud and Clear 10" subs in my Supra. I have a Brahma 12" with a Q-Logic 1.0 sealed box waiting to be put in the car. In my Celica I have a Kicker XS50 and a PPI PCR series...don't remember the number now. I hate the new stuff that came out. Rockford Fosgate went from hand-made to mass produced; they turned to the dark side. It ticks me seeing the brand in Best Buy and everywhere else. In 98-99, I had a Punch 100a2 powering 2 Kicker Free Air 12" subs in a sealed enclosure. It pounded, gentlemen. And you know what? Those subs are still living and kicking. They've been to hell and back and had 1 owner before me and then 3 owners after me. I sold them to my buddy, he put them in his '97 Tiburon with the 100a2 and he had a first generation Kamaleon HU. It was LOUD. Then he sold them to another buddy of mine, who powered them with a 250a2 in his '94 Mirage coupe. Then he gave them to my other buddy, who to this day still has them in his '79 Colt. He's powering them with a Crossfire 200 watt amp; don't remember the model. I bought that amp for him before I joined the Army in 2000. Anyway, in 2002 I bought two old school Planet Audio 300 watt amps for 2 Xtant X410 10" subs I had. They died from humidity but my buddy (the one that still has the Free Airs) has them to repair them. I have many other really old thngs back home in Puerto Rico. Gosh, nostalgia is kicking in, haha. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif

I have some fairly "old school" gear:
(3) Coustic Design Reference Amp-510DR

(2) Coustic Design Reference DX-28

(1) Coustic Design Reference DA-55
wow, sounds like a lot of what i have. i have 2 DX-28s, a DA 55, and 6 AMP510DR's. this stuff is enver getting sold!!

MTXbluethunders.jpg

MTXMagnet.jpg

on the basket there is a sticker with these numbers in this order:

10 RD 821

4 ohm

557 138

I am assuming the 10 RD means 10" raw driver, the 821??

the 4 ohm is understood

but the 557 and 138 I dont know

wow, sounds like a lot of what i have. i have 2 DX-28s, a DA 55, and 6 AMP510DR's. this stuff is enver getting sold!!
Heh.....I wish I could say that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Hit hard financial times, so I think most of it will be going //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bawling.gif.6287aa5d1d447c8af063fc9466e822ef.gif

i'm using RF components and comp amps from 93 or around that era. I used to have a XR-u700 hu but it finally died on me about ayear ago, and replaced it with yet another old school sony c90. all my signal cables and fuse holders are also old school rf.

only thing new are my subs, sub amp, power cable, cd changer and 2 fuses.

i'm using RF components and comp amps from 93 or around that era. I used to have a XR-u700 hu but it finally died on me about ayear ago, and replaced it with yet another old school sony c90. all my signal cables and fuse holders are also old school rf.
only thing new are my subs, sub amp, power cable, cd changer and 2 fuses.
wow have not seen you on in a while

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.