How Many Cubes!

Participant count
  • Participant list

malandrin4o8
10+ year member

I have four older model digital designs 3512G. They will be powered by a taramps md8000. How many cubes should my ported box be? I have a friend with a box for 3 18s that he is willing to give me it’s around 16 cubes before bracing, sub displacements, and 3 6” aero ports. Is that box too big?

I have four older model digital designs 3512G. They will be powered by a taramps md8000. How many cubes should my ported box be? I have a friend with a box for 3 18s that he is willing to give me it’s around 16 cubes before bracing, sub displacements, and 3 6” aero ports. Is that box too big?
4 DD 3512s would need 8cu ft plus port...so approximately 10cu ft total... I did a few box designs with 3512s that would do mid 150s average plus one for a team mate that set a world record back when I was competing. A 156 something on about 3000rms

Cut that box down and make it work. Start with 10-11 and dial it in

You should be able to double baffle the 18 cutouts with a 3/4 plate and recut your 12 holes . If I had pics of the 18 box you may be able to repurpose the pair air space section . As in a spare Battery compartment or even a storage box ...or just cut it down as Bobby suggested . But I've
Used extra areas for different things . One of my last boxes with 4 DD 8s I built for my Probe had space under it for my spare tire . Looking at it from the back youd think it was just a gigantic box. It did a 149.8 on 2000rms at a show . It was a daily box ...the crowd around the car was hollering for it to do a 150 but she just couldnt quite pull it out ...lol it still won so I was happy with it ...and the smallest subs competing that day.

He was able to find his blue print sheet. He has no idea what’s it tuned to or anything, he just got the box built and they gave him to sets of aero port tubes one for competition and one for daily. His best meter was 147.2 with 2 18s and one of the holes covered since he blew the 3rd 18.
Here is what he sent me

48"W X 25-1/2"D X 20-1/4" H. Replace the port and top. Run a double baffle on the top. That starts you at 11.625 cubes in the box. I hope you know how to cut straight seal things up. You will have to figure out the port.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.