How many 4 inch round ports needed?

Participant count
  • Participant list
i'd grab 3 6" round aeroports, one of those is nearly exactly what two 4" aero's are and three 6 > six 4 imho... if you dont already have the ports that is. no sense in adding cost if you have them laying around.

i'd grab 3 6" round aeroports, one of those is nearly exactly what two 4" aero's are and three 6 > six 4 imho... if you dont already have the ports that is. no sense in adding cost if you have them laying around.
Are you saying 4 4" ports are enough if I don't want to pay for aeros?

Products MenuThat will give the length. I would do 4 or 2 6s.
I was already using this calculator, I just didn't want too much port. The RE Box Calculator is calling for a 15.5 inch wide slot port? This is the only reason I'm thinking about doing round ports.

Are you saying 4 4" ports are enough if I don't want to pay for aeros?
That is not even close to what he said... He said:

3x 6" aeroports would be better than 6x 4" aeroports.

You could break down what he said a little further and you would get:

6" aeroports would be better than 4" aeroports

You would need atleast six, but realistically eight, 4" ports. My suggestion - build a slot port or use either 6" or 8" ports.
The slot port is seeming too big for the way I want to mount the subs. I'll see what they have at Lowes, but I'm not paying $30 for one 6" areo.

You'd need more than one 6". Nothing wrong with six inch pvc, I'd sell you some but I dont know if it would be a good deal for you once you fiqured in shipping.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.