How long will it last?

Tried the Skar Evl 65... it's unimpressive even with all that power... seems to do ok if all you wanted was a lil' solid low-end to match factory deck power and maybe a bit more, sounds good tho... just not enough to even try to meter.

Time to trade for something locally...
Man I'm glad I saw this. Was thinking about 3 of those 6.5s because of height issues. But figured they wouldn't cut it. 2 8s it is then.  Then again I'm planning on 2 f8ls... not a small 8 

I was however thinking of putting 1 of those evl6.5 on my 4 wheeler front box downfire to fill in the low end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I'm glad I saw this. Was thinking about 3 of those 6.5s because of height issues. But figured they wouldn't cut it. 2 8s it is then.  Then again I'm planning on 2 f8ls... not a small 8 

I was however thinking of putting 1 of those evl6.5 on my 4 wheeler front box downfire to fill in the low end.
I probably handicapped it from the get by placing it in the center of the vehicle with port firing forwards... the lil' thing pumped out some wind (and a ton of mdf dust) between the front seats.

I'd think the added cone area would make it a lot more enjoyable... I'm not saying it don't sound good or even have ANY volume but I just suppose I'm used to over 140db systems.

Cute enclosure shredder.
It's between a large briefcase and small suitcase... maybe 35lb with driver?.. yeah... pretty small

Next project... 

uxS48xo.jpg

I wanna make it (the next enclosure) as efficient as I can without doing a 4th, 6th or using an Aero since I've only got a bit over 2K on tap with the dual 4 coils on that 15.

This weekend I'll probably start. 

Oh, Btw...  that lil' L7 is hanging tough so far... I'm officially impressed.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to not display my age. This site isn't very user friendly.

That SA12 should pound if you make a ported box for it.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to not display my age. This site isn't very user friendly.

This site is extremely user friendly and i can not commend @Administrator enough for the upgrades. When the site first changed over I told everyone to adjust their profile because certain information was now public. Not displaying your age is very simple and I changed my profile the first day.

Last edited by a moderator:
This site is extremely user friendly and i can not commend @Administrator enough for the upgrades. When the site first changed over I told everyone to adjust their profile because certain information was now public. Not displaying your age is very simple and I changed my profile the first day.
Then I must be dumb because I'm trying whatever I can and still nothing.

I guess Ive never taken a look at that..LOL Ill be older than most next month so to speak.I still enjoy this hobby,and always will. I enjoy music and working with car audio. Lots of satisfaction,and has always be interesting.

It's between a large briefcase and small suitcase... maybe 35lb with driver?.. yeah... pretty small

Next project... 

I wanna make it (the next enclosure) as efficient as I can without doing a 4th, 6th or using an Aero since I've only got a bit over 2K on tap with the dual 4 coils on that 15.

This weekend I'll probably start. 

Oh, Btw...  that lil' L7 is hanging tough so far... I'm officially impressed.
If you want efficiency go with a big box. You'll be sacrificing sq however, group delay will be up there.

If you want efficiency go with a big box. You'll be sacrificing sq however, group delay will be up there.
I'm planning a 5.9ft3ish net@ 43hz with a lot of port oriented where I think it'll work well to meter... just to have something I can meter.

The design is in progress atm... what a funky lookin' box. BIG peak around 50hz, ought to do well in this smaller SUV... we'll see.

I've got it all set for tomorrow if I go and there's a meter there... any predictions?... lol

S10L7 on 3K... we'll see I guess.

Uh oh...

72z3yZ9.jpg

ejb4uB2.jpg

Amazing that you can get 5.9ft3 or so from a single sheet, I was pleasantly surprised.

WSb6B9D.jpg

This the general idea...

Sq0UeG.jpg

Big, peaky and I'm hoping loud... in progress.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.