How Good Can A Type R Sound?

MBrock4u
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
We all know that the imfamous type R is loud and power hungry, but How good does this baby sound? Well ever since I upgraded my head unit to the Excelon X-990, got it properly tunned and time aligned or at least very close, the sq on the puppy has just amazed me. Quite a difference. There are certainly better sq subs out there, but I have no complaints about what I am hearing these days. Just beautiful. I am really suprised. Of course the Alpine amp pushing this sub is very clean. So before we all go blow are eardrums out with a multitude of type R's , just think that 1 12' can get loud and have very good sq. doing it.

i had 2 12's and licked them but both cones broke randomly from running on the same amp and system for the past year they were hooked up now i got l7's and there just amazing

Interesting! This post was never meant to say that the type R is better than the JL audio subs. All I was really saying that with my new deck I am suprised at the sound quality of the type R. I work with a guy who has a pair of JL audio's not sure what model type, that sound just fabulous. Very nice.

We all know that the imfamous type R is loud and power hungry, but How good does this baby sound? Well ever since I upgraded my head unit to the Excelon X-990, got it properly tunned and time aligned or at least very close, the sq on the puppy has just amazed me. Quite a difference. There are certainly better sq subs out there, but I have no complaints about what I am hearing these days. Just beautiful. I am really suprised. Of course the Alpine amp pushing this sub is very clean. So before we all go blow are eardrums out with a multitude of type R's , just think that 1 12' can get loud and have very good sq. doing it.
what kinda box you got and how much power are you sending it? I just ordered my friend one and i am contimplaing(sp) putting it in a sealed box because i just imagine it being a 15" in a ported box with about 1krms going to it would be kinda loud for his taste. Anyone run them in sealed boxes?

My brother thinking about getting one, but i was thinking about the TC2, which is better TC2 or type r in a .5cf sealed 10 in? sorry to jack your thread.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.