12V, 100W , emergency type car amplifier

RG80

CarAudio.com Newbie
hello,

i am looking for ideas on how to design a police type 100W , 12V, power amplifier.
the idea is that this amplifier can be installed in a 12V car and produce 100W R.M.S output through an external speaker.

i know that it is not something special and that there are a lot of products doing exactly that (whelen, code 3, etc...).
but i need to build the PCB and would like to get some ideas on how to do it, or how to get the schematic diagram of such an amplifier.

can someone help?

i already searched online in google/YouTube and many forums but did not find an appropriate answer yet.

thx!

hello,

i am looking for ideas on how to design a police type 100W , 12V, power amplifier.
the idea is that this amplifier can be installed in a 12V car and produce 100W R.M.S output through an external speaker.

i know that it is not something special and that there are a lot of products doing exactly that (whelen, code 3, etc...).
but i need to build the PCB and would like to get some ideas on how to do it, or how to get the schematic diagram of such an amplifier.

can someone help?

i already searched online in google/YouTube and many forums but did not find an appropriate answer yet.

thx!

Last edited:
You can probably find existing designs of the TPA3116 boards or TDA7498 and go off those and modify it into a mono amp. The TPA3116d2 boards will do 100 watts rms, but the power supply is 24 volts DC to do whole 100 watts. The TDA 7498 boards are around 200 watts RMS, but there again, it needs 36 volts to get that wattage. Those existing simple amplifier board designs are a good place to start, then you could do some better components, add some components or change some values of components when you path out your PCB board.

thank you!
i also came across this circuit design, the problem is that it is not 12V.
there are many solutions for 100W output with 40V or more,

i am looking for a 12 VDC powered design.
i know it is possible because there are many products who offer it, but i cant find how they are doing it,

any help will be appreciated,

thx!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

RG80

CarAudio.com Newbie
RG80
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies