How do you guys cut and remove sheathing on 4GA wire and larger?

I use diagonal cutters to cut the jacket all the way around the jacket, and if I need to cut all the way thru, I just take my time and cut a section at a time..only takes a few seconds to do either

Hot knife would probably be the best idea if you were super serious about your wire size like a few people on here are. But I just use a razor blade knife. I always have it in my pocket anyways.

I use a straight pocket knife to remove the jacket. Just be careful and you won't cut any strands. I use a kitchen steak knife if I need to cut lengths......lol. It works pretty good though.

wire cutters, knu wire has thin covering i use wire cutters cut in about quarter inch from the front of the wire in to make like a sliver then peel it off around that way i dont lose any strands

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.