how do you fit so many wires in a sub terminal

kalkx
10+ year member

florida
I have 2 sa-12s and im just curious on how people fit 3 speaker wires into one tiny terminal i can fit them but its not secure at all and has already came out on me once is there any special procedure i have to do or do i just have to make it fit?

Indeed what kind of terminal? Also, if it is an enclosure terminal which side are you talking about?

If you are talking about on the sub then rewire your setup so your junctions happen in another place.

also, what is the ohm ratings on the voice coils. are they dual 2 or dual 4? and what is the final ohm load your looking to achieve when running to the amp? somethings not right if you have 3 going into one

they are dual 4 ohm subs and im wiring down to 1 ohm. 1 sub I have to wire each voice coil together plus the other sub plus the wire going to the amp so altogether thats 3 wires in one terminal

So you are talking about at the sub/coil.

Well here is the easiest way to do this.

Jump one coil over to the other. Then run a wire from one of the coils to the enclosure terminal. Do the same for the other driver. Then you can solder or use a connector to wire up those two wires to the enclosure terminal.

One way I have used in the past was to use two distrubtion blocks. One for all of the + cables and one for all the - cables. You can usually find single input with quad outputs for really cheap.

Xscorpion GDB1248P Platinum Ground Distribution Block

I like using these when using 8 gauge speaker wire

**** now that I think about it, I am gonna use this for my new build. Another $15, this build is gonna nickel and dime me to death

Jump one coil over to the other. Then run a wire from one of the coils to the enclosure terminal. Do the same for the other driver. Then you can solder or use a connector to wire up those two wires to the enclosure terminal.
^^This

That way you will reduce down from 3 to 2 wires per voice coil will the 2nd voice coil on the other side will just have 1

so instead of wiring the two subs together at the sub terminal you are saying for instance take a wire from the positive of one sub and the positive of the other sub and just solder them together and it will work correct?

yep, you can configure it so only two wires land on a single terminal. or you can use bolts on the box (instead of a standard terminal) and bring all four wires into a single point there with one connection on each sub terminal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.