How do I run RF PowerHX2 at 2ohms each?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ViCk-BuMp
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I bought 2 RF Power HX2 (dual 2ohms)2000Weach, and 2 JBL 1200.1, but in my instructions for the subs it only has a 2ohm load if I connect the 2 subs to 1 amp but if I connect 1 sub with 1 amp the sub gets 4 ohm, so how do i connect the subs to get 2 ohm load on each sub with its own amp? And one more question, Do I need to get like another batterie? someone told me to get OPTIMA but if you have better solutions please help?

Originally posted by ViCk-BuMp I bought 2 RF Power HX2 (dual 2ohms)2000Weach, and 2 JBL 1200.1, but in my instructions for the subs it only has a 2ohm load if I connect the 2 subs to 1 amp but if I connect 1 sub with 1 amp the sub gets 4 ohm, so how do i connect the subs to get 2 ohm load on each sub with its own amp? And one more question, Do I need to get like another batterie? someone told me to get OPTIMA but if you have better solutions please help?
Well if you use both amps you can run them at 1 ohm each driver .

if you use 1 amp you will have to run the subs at 4 ohm each to get a 2 ohm load

You cant get a 2 ohm load out of a single 2 ohm dvc woofer 1 ohm or 4 ohm , If oyu have (2) dvc 2ohm drivers you can get a 2 ohm load but you owuld only be using 1 amp , The jbl will run fine at 1 ohm , so just wire each sub to a 1 ohm load and to your amps , Should be pounding !!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

You have the situation I'm looking for! I am looking @ getting another Punch 200ix and doing it.

Try this.....

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=13600

(Scroll down to pic.)

Since you have 2 amps, bridge them and wire like this.

I don't know of anybody that has tried this so do it carefully and PLEASE let me know how it works out. Make sure that the setting on each amp are identical.

Originally posted by Trixter You have the situation I'm looking for! I am looking @ getting another Punch 200ix and doing it.

Try this.....

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=13600

(Scroll down to pic.)

Since you have 2 amps, bridge them and wire like this.

I don't know of anybody that has tried this so do it carefully and PLEASE let me know how it works out. Make sure that the setting on each amp are identical.
His amps are mono amps , That wont work !

Originally posted by Trixter Connect one amp to each set of coils like the pic. Why won't it work??
Why would you , HE HAS MONO AMPS , Each amp will get a 1 ohm load wither way , So why take the chance on that setup and have a half a sub on 2 diff amps

Originally posted by Trixter Connect one amp to each set of coils like the pic. Why won't it work?? [/quote

Very simple to just wire each woofer at 1 ohm and hook it up to an amp dont ya think ] //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Originally posted by Trixter So it is a mono 2ohm amp?
In that wiring diagram in the thread , with 4 ohm dvc subs would produce a 2ohm load , with 2 ohm dvc it would produce a 1 ohm load , SO its realy not applicable to him , he doesnt need to do it that way , Just wiring em up to each amp at 1 ohm

Very simple to just wire each woofer at 1 ohm and hook it up to an amp dont ya think ] //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif [/b]

I think this would be the best bet.

(I was thinking 4ohm mono amp w/ 4ohm DVC earlier..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif :crazy: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif)

if he's got 2 dual 2ohm vcs, then running them in parallel would give the amp a 1/2 ohm load..

you could run it in series/parallel for a 2 ohm load but some people don't recommend for whatever reason but as far as i know it's safe

[edit]he's got two amps...sorry.[edit]

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.