How cold is too cold?

14.7? What a ****. I don't see anything above 14.1 even if it's below zero //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Hate that for you broseph. My stock alternator jumps close to 15v when it's below freezing & remains in the mid/high 14s after warming up.

when it's bitterly cold (we get blow zero every winter here - and sustain it) I recognize that everything is more brittle and you can get condensation from rapid heating of metals. i've seen amps have issues from cold, the CD discs have fog on them, etc.

when it's near or below zero, i either leave my system off or just let the car warm up first. the amps won't see a benefit from warming up the car but the speakers and HU may. i have a garage so my car never gets too cold unless it sits outside at work all day.

luckily, this winter has been very mild. 40's on a regular basis when it's usually in the 10's.

I just keep volume down for a little while the car warms up. It hits below zero here and I have never had any problems yet. What worries me is ******* friends borrowing the car to run somewhere quick.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.