Hopefully someone knowledgable can help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Luther1288

Hi guys! This may be somewhat of a long post but I'm in dire need of your help.

I had my system installed in my Dodge Ram 1500 back in 2012. Alpine X Power Amp 5 channel (50x4/200) , 10" Alpine Type S sub (50-300 watts RMS, 150 watts per voice coil), 6.5 alpine components in the front doors (110w rms/330 peak), and 5.25 Alpine 2 way coax in the back (90 rms/270 peak).

My amp would go into protect mode so I brought it to a local installer who tested out each channel and told me my amp is no good (so he says lol) I had a brand new Alpine MRP -F300 v power (50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 Ohms, 75 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms) from years ago I never used. He said that amp will work so he installed everything existing into the new amp. I guess he bridged the components and coaxial. The highs sound great but the bass but kick anymore.

So I guess my questions and concerns are: - Are my speakers and subs compatible with the new amp?

-The bass doesn't kick as hard anymore so he suggested I install my other brand new amp. Kicker zx400 mono (200 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms) (400 watts x 1 at 2 ohms) and also run an external equalizer to the amps cuz he said the amp might be too powerful for my single 10" sub.

Sorry I am very new to all of this. I hope I explained my situation as clearly as possible.

Chances are like you assume the sub is underpowered so you have to drive it hard creating it to clip sounding to start it AKA not as clean it would probably be a good idea to upgrade your amp you can probably use the for Channel 4 Active set on all fronts and get a dedicated woofer amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.