Holy mother of god, Powerbase PBX 15" installed

Most people are skeptical about how subs will sound and perform. But after I got mine and heard what it can do, needless to say I wasn't skeptical anymore.

Very impressed.

of what the box and sub? If thats what you mean na, just got it, box was just completed friday night. it just looks like any old box and the sub looks just like in teh pics you see on the net, nothing special. I don't have a digital camera.

STANGME01 Look penis face I'm not ragging on the sub or you. You close minded bafoon.

My "500" watt amp is a 1000 watt amp dumb ass. I don't run off peak only RMS. I don't listen to sine waves I listen to music jerk off.

I'm not a newb crack head.

Notice then insult after every line stupid ****.

I was just tryin to get the facts as to what makes this a good sub. I'de be willing to check it out and see how good it was because it was so cheap. Don't take everything to the penis. Relax. I also noticed this sub was mainlly for SPL purposes and the above mentioned subs are for SQ. Except the D2.

So if you want, let me know what numbers each was pushing. If I'm inpressed, like I said above, I would probably look in to them.

Laters ****.

STANGME01 Look penis face I'm not ragging on the sub or you. You close minded bafoon.
My "500" watt amp is a 1000 watt amp dumb ass. I don't run off peak only RMS. I don't listen to sine waves I listen to music jerk off.

I'm not a newb crack head.

Notice then insult after every line stupid ****.

I was just tryin to get the facts as to what makes this a good sub. I'de be willing to check it out and see how good it was because it was so cheap. Don't take everything to the penis. Relax. I also noticed this sub was mainlly for SPL purposes and the above mentioned subs are for SQ. Except the D2.

So if you want, let me know what numbers each was pushing. If I'm inpressed, like I said above, I would probably look in to them.

Laters ****.
need i say more? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

May I ask how many different alignments you tried the XXX in?
I got good response over 50hz...
That's what i want to know also.

My 12" XXX performs like a beast! SO if u say this sub is WAY better then the XXX, i guess a 200$ investment might not be too bad.

And i think it was twisted or some1 that said the XXX misses some bass?

Not sure what music he's listening too, but i listen to a LOT of reggae on my XXX.

And if any1 knows reggae, Dancehall reggae, has about 2x more bass then rap. And the XXX hits erepiece of it!

But i'm open minded and i will get a 12" PBX BECAUSE i will be making my final decisions on my setup for my Tahoe i ge today. And RE is taking a lot out my pocket so if this is a similar or better alternative to XXX i'll bite.

Gotta have that SQL though

**** it, **** it, **** it. Im so confused now on what to get... I own an H2 in a sealed box but the spl is just not doing it for me, maybe box is too big?? 1.25 cu ft. SQ is ok but does not pick up the higher frequencies and my frequency setting on the amp is up all the way! This thing was only a bit louder than my HC which was also in a sealed box but the HC had very nice higher frequencies for my rock music. Im thinking maybe it was cause I owned the BX1500d for the HC. For the PBX, if I get one, it will never see a vented box, and the website has no specs on a sealed box! What the hell?? That makes me think that this sub may not have good SQ after all, which is what im going for. I really want to get a D2 next or a XXX. I would really like to see if there are any more opinions on this sub besides stangme.

Ohh yes one other thing, The 12" PBX only weighs 36 pounds. I know the power is not in the weight but my hc weighed 40 and doesnt the XXX weigh like 60?

Syko If I were you "and I'm glad I'm not" Ide pick up the RE SX or XXX. The PBX is geared more towards SPL purposes. There just saying for a SPL sub it has good SQ.

Where as the XXX is great for SQ and the SX for SQL.

i was the one that sold stangme the sub. I fed it 2400wrms DAILY from an XTR Pro 2400 and it took it no problem, for all you saying it can only take 1500wrms.

Loudest sub i've ever owned and i've owned a lot of subs.

4.7 cubes, 50 sq inches of port, tuned to 37 got me a 152.4 Linear X in the trunk of my Grand Prix!

Sucker can get sick loud.

yes... :readytogo
okay last night I stooped low and was about to do this *****in and tossin like the rest of the forum, but I'm gonna stop.

BUT i will explain why I was angry.

You said "fishy" That means to me either, you think I'm lying, or that I don't know what I'm talking about. Well I'm sorry if I took offense to that but I think anyone that is honest and pretty knowledgeable about subs would be offended THATS why i got upset.

NOW as for "closed minded" How could I be closed minded considering I took a chance on this sub, the only person being closed minded is you, wondering about how it could possibly be as good or better than subs that cost more on the "internet". Or how this "SPL sub" could sound that good.

as for your power i run an Orion 2500D (which is rated at 1ohm to do 2500wrms)

at .5ohms which would be considered to be around 3200w (or actually its a 6400w amp by your logic since you have a 1000w amp that does 500wrms) or more "RMS" but because of impedance rise and because various fluxuations in impedance on every frequency you won't hardly ever see close to your "RMS" power and THATS why I say I'm running 2000w to mine because even though the amp can do 2500w the impedance at the very frequency I'm playing would have to be a frequency which the sub has low impedance which would have to be at least 1ohm and my sub even though its a .5ohm sub will hardly ever be at 1ohm so most of the time i cannot get more than 2000w out of my amp. because even though your sub maybe rated at 1ohm, 2ohm 4ohm whatever nominal soon as you start playing music the impedance is much higher.

Lets just say for the sake of arguement you are running a 4ohm sub and an amp that does 500w @4ohm.

for most frequencies in an enclosure your impedance is actually probably at least 2-3ohms more than your nominal impedance, so you will normally be around 6-8ohm. And no matter how hard you push the amp with your volume button you could probably only get 250w out of the amp for the most part.

as for being a newb, i'm pretty sure you are, and a few months on the net doesn't mean you're not a newb.

Also Magnum D2 an SPL sub? actually its not, its just as much an SQ sub as the Brahma and XXX, but gets loud. Nick (the owner of SI) is an audiophile, he would never build an SPL sub.

****? Bafoon? Crackhead? Yeah thats pretty childish.

But as for the SX that is anything but an SQL sub, its straight SPL, and from talking to a few people these last couple days i've heard it really does sound like doodoo. But thats what its for, a budget SPL sub.

also let you know what all these are hitting? What? I dont have all my subs anymore how can I go out and get metered JUST FOR YOU!!! Dude I'm not a rep for Powerbass if you want to go buy another sub it makes no difference to me, I'm not trying to force you to buy one, if powerbass goes out of business, i don't really care!

SirSyko,

the reason there are no sealed specs listed is because its a low QTS sub, its EBP is WAYYYYYYYY high. Some subs are meant to be sealed some ported. LIke the Focal Utopia sub, its made to be ported.

Sealed is not always better IMO either for SQ, actually I don't prefer it for SQ alot of times. for 99.9% of subs (except dual gap subs) more excursion, the more distortion goes up BIG TIME. in sealed enclosures subs need lots of excursion to get loud. In ported enclosures the sub hardly moves (for people like us that listen to music) so the sub has FAR less distortion. There are alot of other reasons but this is getting too long.

Also weight makes absolutely no difference, bigger magnets do not mean anything (which is what is weighing so much) i hate big ol heavy magnets like the xxx has, i absolutely hated the fact that I added 60lbs to my car just for a sub. Also the Magnum D2 weighs around 36lbs too. So do most subs, like the H2 i think weighs around that. But my point is, you can have huge magnets or small magnets (but the PBX magnet is not small) and the small magnet sub could get alot louder, and the small magnet sub can sound better AND get louder. Bigger magnet does not mean more SPL, or better SQ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

And no the PBX is not just a good sounding sub for an SPL sub, its simply a great sounding sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.