400$ to work with

Participant count
  • Participant list
i got a hifonics bx 1500 and i want to find 2 subs that will do good in spl and under 400$ for both. and i only have 1500 watts rms for two subs to work with.

What do like?? Or what are you intrested in? You would probably get two dual 2ohm subs, wire them to 1ohm each, then you would have a 2ohm load total. I have the same amp you do, it puts out what 1000watts rms at 2ohm. I could find two 500watts rms each subs easily.

no i want dvc 4 ohm subs so i can wire them to 1 ohm then i can have 750 rms for each sub.....
Wiring that amp up to 2 ohms is pointless. You bought a 1 ohm stable amp, why waste 500 watts if you can help it?

Anyways, I suggest looking at one of the dual 2 ohm RE XXX's. While I haven't heard them personally, I have yet to hear anybody say that this particular amp/sub combo was anything less than awesome.

If SPL is all you're looking for, look at getting a pair of the Kicker L5's. **** gets loud.

i allready have 2 15" L7, im just doing a setup for my dad and i want to try something different, who said i was going to wire the amp to 2 ohms

Originally Posted by yamaha326

no i want dvc 4 ohm subs so i can wire them to 1 ohm then i can have 750 rms for each sub.....

i am going to get two subs ..........

i allready have 2 15" L7, im just doing a setup for my dad and i want to try something different, who said i was going to wire the amp to 2 ohms
Originally Posted by yamaha326

i am going to get two subs ..........
Yea, erm...I quoted you in reference to what the dude above said. Ah...whatever.

But yea...since you ruled the kickers out, my vote goes to the XXX.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.