Amplab demi-god

My pg ms1000 was like 34ā€ long back in the day. My us amps vlx-400 was 40ā€
Long. These were class A/B amps but these smaller foot prints are nice šŸ˜Š
I once had a Soundstream Van Gogh VGA1600.2 and two, VGA 500.2s Van Gogh's in a Suzuki Swift GTi. HUGE amps (for a Swift anyway)!

Last edited:
Got an offer from amplab on my SIA in the end a new Aurra would cost me 300 bucks shipped. Thinking of taking it since a new V2 board from audio apex is 250 with no warranty for the Cab-45 it sounds like from what I am hearing. Still might do that down the line for a spare amplifier but at 300 bucks with a 2 year warranty for a Korean which does 4300 at 1 ohm roughly on the dyno which yeah isn't real world but still will have more then enough power for the new FI X's I have sitting here.

Got an offer from amplab on my SIA in the end a new Aurra would cost me 300 bucks shipped. Thinking of taking it since a new V2 board from audio apex is 250 with no warranty for the Cab-45 it sounds like from what I am hearing. Still might do that down the line for a spare amplifier but at 300 bucks with a 2 year warranty for a Korean which does 4300 at 1 ohm roughly on the dyno which yeah isn't real world but still will have more then enough power for the new FI X's I have sitting here.
sounds like a dammned good deal to me. the warranty seals it for me

Yeah I took the deal. i have to send it in tomorrow or weds once they send me the shipping label and what not. Then they verify it works okay then I get the credit towards the Aurra DG-3000.1. And with my setup I know it will do the 14.4 all day long. The lowest I get shockingly with just a 68AH AGM from Tractor Supply, the 320 amp from J&S Alternator with the Cab-45 was 14.0 then it rebounded right back to 14.7 in milliseconds. I am still gonna add something down the line but for now I know I don't have any issues. Probably be a couple weeks before the new amplifier arrives but oh well. Not like I can do much right now with it being winter. And yeah the 2 year warranty was the sale point. Audio Apex doesn't even sell the V2 boards in stock. They claim it won't fit but I've had other people tell me on their FB page it should work and one that messaged me saying he did it with a slight mod to the inputs something about the RCA and terminals won't line up with the end caps but he was able to do it in a few minutes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

spokey9

5 time International Booty Bandit Gold Meldalist
spokey9
NE AR
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views