Ho alt or extra batt?

i would get the alt. way more then is needed, but if you ever upgrade then u have the alt taken care of. and with that big of an alt you will have 0 voltage drop with the 2k.
not necessarily.

i have a dc 270 amp alt and running 1500 watts and i get more than 0 voltage drop lol

sorry i should have been more specific. the 12.6 - 12.8 was at idle. at 2k rpms it stayed 13.2 - 13.5 depending on the song played. yea i know i probly lost power from the amp. but for OP if hes not competing thats not bad daily voltage.
There is another problem. If your amps are scoped while the car is running when the voltage drops that low they are clipping hard. its not just about the power lose. When they start clipping like that they will draw even more current.

There is another problem. If your amps are scoped while the car is running when the voltage drops that low they are clipping hard. its not just about the power lose. When they start clipping like that they will draw even more current.
my amp was scoped and was clean even down to 12.6. there was no clipping what so ever with it

Yes there is. Nothing can get around that.
ok well maybe there was alittle bit of clipping...."i gess". tho the o-scope did not show any. oh well alot of competitors that i know let there amp clip alittle bit.

ok well maybe there was alittle bit of clipping...."i gess". tho the o-scope did not show any. oh well alot of competitors that i know let there amp clip alittle bit.
A little bit is fine but do you understand what that little bit can lead to if not controled? The more they clip the more current they pull.

A little bit is fine but do you understand what that little bit can lead to if not controled? The more they clip the more current they pull.
yes i understand. the oscope showed NO clip with me playing for a couple of mins. if there is a clip it must not be that bad. there for im not worried about it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.