Ho alt or extra batt?

at idle expect more drop then that.
I will lol. Not going full tilt unless I'm driving.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

You really need to get on a meter when your done and see what you can hit. It would be nice to see some new people in the rookie 1 and woofer cooker 1 class
I probably will end up getting metered lol

@rebelfromva just some food for thought

This was his run on June 2nd with just his stock battery and everything else the same

Woofercooker 2 [181-280 sq"]
Team Car Tunes John Avery
143.1 143.8 286.9 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt 2012 Member 16

This was his run with the just the 1800 added in and nothing else changed on June 24th

Woofercooker 2 [181-280 sq"]
Team Car Tunes John Avery
145.6 145.1 290.7 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt 2012 Member 24

I will lol. Not going full tilt unless I'm driving. 

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

I probably will end up getting metered lol
i had pretty much the same setup as you, and driving voltage wouldnt go below 13.5 at idle it would drop down into the 11s at full tilt.

I've been running a 3k amp on a stock 105 amp alt for a couple years with no issues, I did upgrade the batteries though and did the Big 3. Two XS Power batts. If you plan to keep the 2K for awhile save yourself the money and buy a real battery, or two, and skip the HO Alt til you decide to upgrade.

Have a dc 2.0k coming and current stock batt in the trunk. Upgrading big 3 in a few days. Question is should I go with a 270 amp ho alt from Mechman for 349 plus shipping or do you guys think an extra batt will hold my voltage up just fine? Stock alt is 130 amp I believe.
i my self was running 2k from a stock 100a alt with 2 extra batts and my voltage maintained pretty good, 90% of time it stayed 12.6 - 12.8. how ever im a cheap mofo lol. if u have the money for the HO alt id get it. it will benefit more in the long run. i finally broke down and got a 220 HO alt for mine system.

i my self was running 2k from a stock 100a alt with 2 extra batts and my voltage maintained pretty good, 90% of time it stayed 12.6 - 12.8. how ever im a cheap mofo lol. if u have the money for the HO alt id get it. it will benefit more in the long run. i finally broke down and got a 220 HO alt for mine system.
I dont see this as good voltage. On a 2K amp you are losing a ton of power

I dont see this as good voltage. On a 2K amp you are losing a ton of power
sorry i should have been more specific. the 12.6 - 12.8 was at idle. at 2k rpms it stayed 13.2 - 13.5 depending on the song played. yea i know i probly lost power from the amp. but for OP if hes not competing thats not bad daily voltage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.