Ho alt or extra batt?

rebelfromva
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
VA
Have a dc 2.0k coming and current stock batt in the trunk. Upgrading big 3 in a few days. Question is should I go with a 270 amp ho alt from Mechman for 349 plus shipping or do you guys think an extra batt will hold my voltage up just fine? Stock alt is 130 amp I believe.

i would get the alt. way more then is needed, but if you ever upgrade then u have the alt taken care of. and with that big of an alt you will have 0 voltage drop with the 2k.

^ This if you are going to be running more than 2.5k in the future, if not just go with a batt. Catman will probably hook you up with a good deal.

i would get the alt. way more then is needed, but if you ever upgrade then u have the alt taken care of. and with that big of an alt you will have 0 voltage drop with the 2k.
I'd say the same cuz you know us bass heads always want to get louder. Then you'll be set as far as your alt

He didnt ask about future builds or running more then 2k, he asked if 130amp alt,and a nice sized batt work ok on 2k, short answer is yes with ease if he is playing music and not tones all day

He didnt ask about future builds or running more then 2k, he asked if 130amp alt,and a nice sized batt work ok on 2k, short answer is yes with ease if he is playing music and not tones all day
Oh. I thought it was a which is better. Yeah, an extra batt will be fine.

Well let me specify. My trunk doesn't allow for much of a big box so any sub or sub combo over 2-2.5k is prob out the question. Most I'll prob be doing is the dc @.5 but for now it will be ran @1

Well let me specify. My trunk doesn't allow for much of a big box so any sub or sub combo over 2-2.5k is prob out the question. Most I'll prob be doing is the dc @.5 but for now it will be ran @1

Lulz. I said that too. Right before I threw 4k at a 3 cube box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

rebelfromva

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
rebelfromva
VA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date