hmm, i think its possible....

Participant count
  • Participant list

mofugga
10+ year member

Jax, FL
ok a while back i got a 10" xplod put into the bak of my 91 Bronco and had it hooked into a 2 channel 300 watt amp i had ( i think its pioneer or something) it provided the clean, not too loud natural bass i wanted. my speaker wire is that huge-ass monster cable stuff and i do have a 4-way spliter from my battery......

so as times change i of course want to put a little mor push into the car eh... but not that much. i figure i can go out and buy a peice of crap or not jbl, mtx,sony, BA, or some low end model ( i don't intend to diss these companies, in fact i like them all...) 12" sub, put it on the amp i have. So.....instead of runing 2 channels to my 10 i run 150 to the ten and the 12"......

.........is that possible? if not, why not and what do i need to do. (remember, i'm a new with a lot of regular electronic exp. but i don;t even know what Ohm means (something about power)

any help is appreciated- thanks (WOHooOOoo 1st post)

ok i just checked and my amp is an old legacy 320 (300watts, 2 channel, says its stable at 2 ohms, hey its a peice but it came with the car....

i wouldnt recomend it, (heck i dont trust the legacy i have!! )but you could wire the pos. and neg. termals from each sub together (pos to pos., neg to neg.) then wire it bridged on the amp. (look at the amp it should tell you how to bridge it) that will give you a two ohm load. with the extra power you should be able to power two lower end subs. hope this helps

That probably means it's 2ohm stable in stereo. Which means it's bridgeable and will handle a 4ohm load mono. I would suggest an adire shiva. Great sub, even better price. And with the power you have, will sound imeasurably better than the sony sub. Talk to Jlaine ( member here and other forums ) he is an adire dealer. And if i'm not mistaken he sells them for the same price as adire does directly. But with shipping included. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gifhttp://www.adireaudio.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AA001&Product_Code=S12&Category_Code=30.10

shiva_large.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.