Highest quality brand of car audio speaker & power wire?

What do you guys like for both speaker and power wire? I always thought Monster Cable was a reputable brand name, but looking at their website they seem to be quite spendy. Nothing wrong with that, I'm planning on spending a lot so I can get the best out there, but if I'm gonna be spending hundreds on wires alone, I might as well find out if I'm getting the best for my money. Any recommendations?

I suggest getting your wiring from KnuKonceptz. Good wire, you assumably won't spend hundreds on it unless your driving a land yacht thats 25 feet or so long......

Bottom line, wire is wire, make sure you get the proper gauge and fusing for the application!

Why would you spend hundreds on speaker wire? I myself use monster everything, but I make sure that I get it at the best price. I also like Knukonceptz wire, but I was a bit disappointed in the KLM 1/0.

The strand count and making sure that it's oxygen free or copper should be more what you need to pay attention to.

Power wire, Kicker.
Speaker wire brand isnt very important as long as you dont use too small a size.
even though the wire only makes up for a very minute difference in the sound or performance of anything, this is the most ass backwards answer i have ever heard...

this is one of the few cases where i would say get whatever is cheap. unless you are trying to color coordinate your install, or are that anal that you have to have name brand stuff, you arent going to notice a difference.

the only wire i have ever noticed a difference in has been signal cable and speaker wire. and it wasnt that the cheaper wire sounded bad, just that the more expensive wire sounded better. and for the price, it was far from being justified.

Boycott Monster Cable

Never ever pay for that overpriced wire, and don't support their egotistical and unnecessary antics.

As was said previously....no point in overspending on wire. For speaker wire just be sure it's adequate gauge. For power wire, just be sure it's adequate gauge and the higher the strand count the more flexible the wire is.

RCA's are pretty much as unimportant as the rest of the cable. Just be sure it's decent quality as some of the very low end cheap stuff can have build quality issues (ends falling off, etc). Shielded vs UTP is highly debated so you just need to research and go with what you feel is better for noise rejection.

spend your money on the RCA's, and i wouldnt spend the money for the monster RCA's... i dont think they do much more than improve the shielding, and nicer packaging...

power/speaker wire, save your money and get cheap stuff. and look into high end RCA's if you want real performance (you can get much better for the same price or less as those monsters...)

Boycott Monster Cable
Never ever pay for that overpriced wire, and don't support their egotistical and unnecessary antics.

As was said previously....no point in overspending on wire. For speaker wire just be sure it's adequate gauge. For power wire, just be sure it's adequate gauge and the higher the strand count the more flexible the wire is.

RCA's are pretty much as unimportant as the rest of the cable. Just be sure it's decent quality as some of the very low end cheap stuff can have build quality issues (ends falling off, etc). Shielded vs UTP is highly debated so you just need to research and go with what you feel is better for noise rejection.
more info please.

from msmith "The KLM stuff is copper-clad aluminum, not pure copper, and is only 60% as conductive as pure copper."

so what should the wire be made out of for best bang for the buck, i guess oxygen free copper is a good thing, and what % of copper overall. the KLM is like 90% Al and 10% copper

should we be looking for pure copper wire... 100% oxygen free or what. ive never really looked into this.

thanks.

I used kicker everything. This flea market i go to has the stuff. Nobody wants to buy it. Those cheapo kits cost 20 bucks and sell like crack on the first of the month. The kicker stuff just sits there and the sellers want to move it so they charge decent prices.

I get 4 gauge power wire for 2.75 a foot. or 50 dollars for the 4 ga kit (no rcas)

and i get 20 foot RCAs for 15 bucks. They used to carry the streetwires rcas for 10 dollars. the ZN 2.0 cables. I liked those because they had remote wires built in. I have a 100 foot roll of Monster THX wire for my door speakers if i can get a decent shop to run it for me.

Has anyone ever used the Tsunami stuff?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

verb1999

Banned
verb1999
Minnesota...Elk River, city of hockey
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from