High Pass Filter???

Besbro
10+ year member

Hello,

I have a question, in my car right now I have a DEH-6900UB Pioneer HU pushing my factory door speakers (not amped) and a 10" cvx running off of a TXA-6004 Cadence amp. ( I have mids and tweets that will be amped going in in two weeks). My question is this:

Why when I adjust my HPF Down from 100 hz to 80, 60, and 53 hz respectivly I get more bass out of my sub? At each click down on the HPF I get more bass. I was under the understanding that the HPF was the cut off freq for the front speakers and thus would not affect the bass out of my sub? Is somthing hooked up wrong or am I confused? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

If you need any more info to answer my question please let me know and I will reply.

Thanks in advance...

that means that whatever you set the high pass filter at. it will only play as low as that.

i.e if you set it at 100hz that means it would only play between 100hz and idk 2khz

So if I have it set at say 80 hz, should'n't it be louder than say 53hz because there are more freq's going to it or is it an efficiancy thing being that it does not play the higher freq's as well so it sounds quieter???

So if I have it set at say 80 hz, should'n't it be louder than say 53hz because there are more freq's going to it or is it an efficiancy thing being that it does not play the higher freq's as well so it sounds quieter???
i may be wrong... but in theory i'm gonna say yes that should be true. i have the low pass and high pass set back to back @ 80 htz. unfortunately i don't know enough to help... maybe someone else will chime in and we can both learn eh?

then why are his subs getting louder as the hpf goes lower?
because then the amp is playing a broader range of frequencies. as where if it was 100hz you may only hear a little bass but as you low the pass say to 50hz then you hear more bass cause it is closer to the frequency that most bass beats are.

lol.

idk it must be connected inside the h/u so that the subs dont overpower the frontstage too much i guess.

but it does make it sound more uniformed when you have the passes on.

You freaking noobz, everyone please stfu, this is worse than the blind leading the blind....

You either have your outputs miswired or you're just noticing more bass out of your fronts and rears with the hp set lower, which is normal.

that means that whatever you set the high pass filter at. it will only play as low as that.
i.e if you set it at 100hz that means it would only play between 100hz and idk 2khz

Please tell me how the f that answers his question?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.