High End speakers for PC

HiVi M50W is all you need. If you can find some Swan MK series speakers for under your budget grab those.
Love Swan products as well..
Swans M200MKII and Swans m200MKIII

I found the above being sold by a local website. The price difference is a lot between those two.

I had a look at the specs, although not technically inclined as most here, I read the only difference being higher power for the MKIII. Is that all or would there also be superior sound/tone for the MKIII over the MKII?

Swans M200MKII and Swans m200MKIII
I found the above being sold by a local website. The price difference is a lot between those two.

I had a look at the specs, although not technically inclined as most here, I read the only difference being higher power for the MKIII. Is that all or would there also be superior sound/tone for the MKIII over the MKII?
I believe the differences are that MKIII runs active, is using double the power than the MKII, and uses real wood finishes on the enclosure. MKII is passive, less power, and fake wood. There may be more differences but that's what I remember off the top of my head. I remember the price difference was pretty big as well. How much do they sell them over there for? Do they sell other Swan products besides the m200's?

I believe the differences are that MKIII runs active, is using double the power than the MKII, and uses real wood finishes on the enclosure. There may be more differences but that's what I remember off the top of my head. I remember the price difference was pretty big as well. How much do they sell them over there for?
Oh wow! so theres a big dfference if one is active and the other pair isn't.

It's 430$ as listed on the website, I hope that's pair price and not per speaker o_O. What's cost per speaker over there? can get an idea if the price is pair or per speaker locally then.

http://www.hifinage.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&category_id=0&page=shop.browse&manufacturer_id=1&Itemid=29&limitstart=0&limit=30

Above are all the Swan products this particular website is selling but I'm sure I can source elsewhere too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow! so theres a big dfference if once is active and the other pair isn't.It's 430$ as listed on the website, I hope that's pair price and not per speaker o_O. What's cost per speaker over there? can get an idea if the price is pair or per speaker locally then.

Swans (HiVi)

Above are all the Swan products this particular website is selling but I'm sure I can source elsewhere too.

Yes, the price is for pair. They do not sell them individually because one speaker is where all the crossover and amps are and the other speaker is without. You can tell right away because one is very heavy and the other is super light. I bought the MKIII (pair) for $400 over here so not much price difference from where you are.

Yes, the price is for pair. They do not sell them individually because one speaker is where all the crossover and amps are and the other speaker is without. You can tell right away because one is very heavy and the other is super light.
I shall talk with the website people and see what they can lower the cost down to. Them and ask around as well...

It looks like Swan M200MkIII if the price is right or else it's between Swan M200MkII and KRK ROKIT 5 G3.

Thanks everyone for your input : ).

Look at the powered speakers by emotiva or get some audio engine powered speakers/dac/sub combo.
Hmmm...

Emotiva Airmotiv 5/6s look nice indeed....

Added to short list.

Swan M200MkII/III

KRK ROKIT 5 G3

Emotiva Airmotiv 5/6s

If you want to go budget get the Logitech 623 2.1 system. I've been running that setup for years and have been extremely happy with it, sq is legit for the price!

I've been running receivers on my PCs since the day I found out I could do it. I would never waste my money on "pc speakers". Even a cheap set of powered bookshelf monitors will put any "pc speaker" set to shame.

Even if you have to find a used receiver and speakers on craigslist, it will still sound 1000x better than "pc speakers".

Most onboard sound cards are far more than enough for good sound. Even the cheapest joe blow low-grade computer will have a sound chip capable of 24bit 96-192khz 5.1ch output and most have either a digital co-ax/optical output so the only limitations will be what you hook up to it!

I've been running receivers on my PCs since the day I found out I could do it. I would never waste my money on "pc speakers". Even a cheap set of powered bookshelf monitors will put any "pc speaker" set to shame.
Even if you have to find a used receiver and speakers on craigslist, it will still sound 1000x better than "pc speakers".

Most onboard sound cards are far more than enough for good sound. Even the cheapest joe blow low-grade computer will have a sound chip capable of 24bit 96-192khz 5.1ch output and most have either a digital co-ax/optical output so the only limitations will be what you hook up to it!
All true, but having self powered speakers is essentially like having a receiver anyway. Those KRK looked impressive and definitely are space savers since you can't always stick a receiver on your computer desk.

All true, but having self powered speakers is essentially like having a receiver anyway. Those KRK looked impressive and definitely are space savers since you can't always stick a receiver on your computer desk.
Yeah, that's what I recommend if you don't have the space for a receiver. Powered bookshelf monitors can sound just as good if not better than bookshelves powered by a receiver. Just depends on the amp they use and the quality of the boxes/drivers/crossovers, but that's getting into the nitty gritty because even the cheapest ones sound better than "pc speakers".

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.