High End speakers for PC

[quote name='tank313']Take your pick. I lean toward Sherwood or Yamaha for 2 channel.
Amazon.com: stereo reciever

Then speakers in your budget and awesome sound, I like these...
Amazon.com: BIC America FH6-LCR Dual 6.5-Inch 175-Watt LCR Speaker with Mid/High Frequency Horn: Electronics[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rich B']Im running a Yamaha 7.1 Dolby Digital receiver hooked up by an optical connector to my PC.

The older DD receivers (no HDMI) are cheap on ebay, and gives you lots of power.

Just use a pair of bookshelf speakers and you are all set.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='fatboytyler']You're not going to get high end car audio quality setup (music wise) in a PC. Just won't happen. Sure you can spend $1,000 on a receiver and speakers, but why? Music is 2.1, but you dropped a grand on a 5.1/7.1 stereo. Depending on what audio jacks you have, get the highest end one you can that'll work with them. Also, when it comes to music on a PC, a sound card won't make much improvement. I would recommend it due to other reasons, but there isn't a need to for music. 99% of onboard audio drivers are more than suitable for music. [/QUOTE]

I do agree with tyler here. I think I would like to avoid purchasing receivers and then buy speakers separately for a simple PC setup. It seems a little too much for just computer music needs.
Just go with something like the self powered solution like the one @Jeffdachef suggested. This KRK Rokit seems like a solid product....

[quote name='Maky']I do agree with tyler here. I think I would like to avoid purchasing receivers and then buy speakers separately for a simple PC setup. It seems a little too much for just computer music needs.
Just go with something like the self powered solution like the one @Jeffdachef suggested. This KRK Rokit seems like a solid product....[/QUOTE]

I originally intended to buy a pair of powered speakers and leave it at that.

But I spotted a Yamaha RXV-659 on ebay, and the ad said "I have two of these", so at $65 (+ $30 shipping) I figured why not since I had a pair of bookshelf speakers I could use, so I bought it.

Four days later the UPS guy stops and says "I have a box for you, but its heavy", so he carried to the front door and I slid it inside.

Opened it up and there were TWO 35ib RXV-659 receivers inside.

I really couldnt ask for a better deal.

I originally intended to buy a pair of powered speakers and leave it at that.
But I spotted a Yamaha RXV-659 on ebay, and the ad said "I have two of these", so at $65 (+ $30 shipping) I figured why not since I had a pair of bookshelf speakers I could use, so I bought it.

Four days later the UPS guy stops and says "I have a box for you, but its heavy", so he carried to the front door and I slid it inside.

Opened it up and there were TWO 35ib RXV-659 receivers inside.

I really couldnt ask for a better deal.
You thought he meant 65$ each and.....

lol o_O

you actually paid 100 for that? its only 40 dollars over here in the US. Yeah definitly going to see a huge upgrade no matter what lol!
Yes......well the equivalent of 100$ today but 7 years ago.

It's **** but I never realised till car speaker upgrade o_O

It's 3.5" woofer I think. Very cute....

My friend had a nice Setup years ago was Monsoon ? They sounded great & the sub sounded awesome for being a single 8 inch I think.

I previously had a Denon receiver, which powered two bookshelf speakers (Ascend Acoustics - beautiful sounding BTW); however, I didn't like having to deal with the receiver. I eventually switched to dual powered studio monitors and haven't looked back. Here are two amazing sounding (IMO) monitors for the money, JBL LSR305 Studio Monitors. They produce very detailed sound. I run the JBL LSR305 Studio Monitors to a Peavey USB Audio Interface, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004A4PSEU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I am content without a subwoofer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.