High End AGM

No. You can pay whatever you want for a battery. A group 31 battery isn't going to fit in every application. Im saying for rear batteries or where a G31 can fit you can't beat the Deka for $60.
Is that a pick up deal? I dont see it on the site....i live in Southern California

Battery Bashing - Jp Magazine

If you look at the specs that each battery tested out at (not the tests on winch or stereo) you'll see that an ns agm34 even with the same rated specs as the pc1500 came up short during tests. Now the winch and stereo test doesn't make sense as there's no way a battery can have less reserve, less instant current and still last longer.
I wasnt refering to no winch video im talkin in real life up next to it personal not no magazine either thats like beleivin the tabloids lmao

If you look at the specs that each battery tested out at (not the tests on winch or stereo) you'll see that an ns agm34 even with the same rated specs as the pc1500 came up short during tests. Now the winch and stereo test doesn't make sense as there's no way a battery can have less reserve, less instant current and still last longer.
And you also only mentioned one batt have you seen one of the big boys in action?

Is that a pick up deal? I dont see it on the site....i live in Southern California
Yes it is a pick up deal.

Thanks for the dislike BTW. Sorry for trying to save you money..

Go ahead and spend $370 on an XS power G31 then swap it for a Deka G31 and see if you notice a difference.

You're right because you just told everybody not to look at the specs on the winch or stereo.. then question how the winch n stereo test was better on the Northstar.. Hmm.. Interesting.. I guess i'll have to explain.

There was no reserve test done so to have less reserve? it was never given.

aH- This is a test done over a 20hr period.

The Northstar tested at 146 aH. This means it can output 7.3A per hour. That specification is worthless for the Winch or Stereo test.

Reserve- While not tested, this is a test done using a 25A draw. This would have been better, but still come up short for the "tests" in question.

The stereo draw was 40A. Hmm, not a standard range of testing a battery so we can't use any specifications of any battery to compare.

So why complain the Northstar won over the Odyssey in the Winch test if the current draw, probably at least that of the stereo, was used?

THERE IS NO battery standard test specification which one could compare for the stereo or winch at such a higher steady current draw so why disbelieve the test results? Sounds like someone is being brand biased.

I don't care who is better. I'll run whatever fits the application.

Then the CCA, CA, PCHA(not tested) and MA(not tested) were lower on the Northstar than the Odyssey.

Ok.. So? That would be NORMAL if the Northstar could handle lower current longer.

There are only 2 types of AGM battery performance- deep cycle and High current. You can't have the best of both with like specs.

Just like you can't have the best acceleration and top speed in other like spec'd vehicles.

So the Northstar won in longevity, but falls short of high current discharge.

That means in that test, the Odyssey would have a less voltage drop on high current demand= For Car Audio Use!

However, you can look at the test and see the results.. But the test, like most done out there, doesn't account for one thing-

Memory Cycling.

You can't take a brand new battery and put it on some tests after just 0 or a couple cycles.

To properly see what a battery can do, you take it out of the box and put it in the environment it will be used in. Drain it down and charge it back up properly several cycles before it builds it's memory up. If the battery is only going to be used for thing, for example- deep cycle, don't put the battery though a deep cycle AND a high current test before, during or after it retaining a memory. IT will have an unfair outcome.

So, these tests can be swapped around, it's results, by simply preparing the batteries ahead of time.

One of the worst ways of comparing batteries is pulling them directly out of the box without cycling or testing or anything and doing comparisons.

Go ahead and spend $370 on an XS power G31 then swap it for a Deka G31 and see if you notice a difference.
Nobody would have to do that test with enough experience-sense.

Simply put- Higher priced AGMs are geared toward High Current discharge capability which equals lower voltage drop for car audio use.

I stick with any brand who focuses on that vs just a big block of reserve that "can" handle some high current.

Many people buy cheap batteries because it gets em by 2-3 yrs.. Well, i purchase batteries with the sense that i wont(Assuming no install change) need to change them for 10yrs. And usually i sell them and they are slightly better used within the first 1-2yrs because of it's retained memory cycle. As long as the battery is still floating around 13.0-13.1v and has been used for a while.. It will be a very good battery.

I've never seen or got a Deka to float over 12.9v in my life, the 9A31s, or Kinetik either.

I've been able to maintain Batcap, Odyssey, XS and Northstar at or above 13v consistently.

Dont' know if the Dekas or the one Kinetik i was playing around with was old or what but they just didn't want to float that high.

Hahaha....No disrespect Bro, im just mad i spent that. An its a DieHard if that makes any diff, not an Intiminator. Anyway that batts in an the money is gon. Now all this research is for a 97 Expedition which is a size 65. The front ends get'n rebuild aftr my ladys failed joust with a wall, so iv got time to map this whole thing out. Im starting with about 3000wrms then adding another 2000 later. So is there a deal on the Deka for a g65?

So are you saying that there is no difference between a fixed resistive load and real world use where there is more fluctuation in the actual use? So I guess then there is no difference really between testing dynamic power of an amplifier if you know the resistive results? Crazy Also it is important to understand that the CA and the CCA were measured with a load of 120 amps that then was calculated with with a machine to estimate the numbers. Granted I do not have a refrigeration unit set to 32 or 0 degrees but I have never seen a pulse tester that I have used be spot on with a full resistive load test.

Last edited by a moderator:
1374317_753362821357581_1819537406_n.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.