Hifonics BRX1600.1D or Hifonics BRX2000.1D or Hifonics BRX2400.1D for 2 Type R 12D4?

I still haven't done the big 3. Is it true that I'll need a high output alternator for this set up? And just a stock battery in my car.
actually you can get away with underpowering them with the brx 1600 but you'll have to build a much more efficient enclosure to compensate for it like d77543020 said, that way you wont have to do electrical upgrades. If you go with the brx 2400, all you need is a 2nd agm battery in the trunk, big 3 and you should be able to run that setup no problem.

trade off is either spend more money on a bigger amp + electrical upgrades or give up more space in the car with a bigger box heck you can even have a professional design you a T-Line enclosure those are pretty power efficient.

I still haven't done the big 3. Is it true that I'll need a high output alternator for this set up? And just a stock battery in my car.
Regardless of your system you really should do the big 3 and get a good strong AGM under the hood. You don't need a HO alt but it definitely wouldn't hurt, I'll be getting one eventually.

actually you can get away with underpowering them with the brx 1600 but you'll have to build a much more efficient enclosure to compensate for it like d77543020 said, that way you wont have to do electrical upgrades. If you go with the brx 2400, all you need is a 2nd agm battery in the trunk, big 3 and you should be able to run that setup no problem.
trade off is either spend more money on a bigger amp + electrical upgrades or give up more space in the car with a bigger box heck you can even have a professional design you a T-Line enclosure those are pretty power efficient.

Yeah I upgraded to the BRX 2400.1d so it'll be coming in tomorrow. What's agm battery? Someone told me I'd need a HO alternator. Idk why lol. Any recommendations on the AGM battery ?

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 AM ----------

this hobby's hidden costs are a b1tch aint it?
He'll yeah man total b1tch lol I wasn't expecting to get an extra battery or the HO alternator.

a high output alternator would be the optimum solution but its pricey which is the biggest drawback. AGM stands for absorbent glass matt, these are batteries with a lot more available power than regular car batteries and will help with the voltages quite a lot. First off though, just do the big 3 upgrade then set your system up and monitor your voltages with a Digital multi meter to see how low the voltage gets after 5 mins of heavy bass. If its dropping below 12V, then add the 2nd battery or upgrade your main battery. If its always above 13, you should be fine.

a high output alternator would be the optimum solution but its pricey which is the biggest drawback. AGM stands for absorbent glass matt, these are batteries with a lot more available power than regular car batteries and will help with the voltages quite a lot. First off though, just do the big 3 upgrade then set your system up and monitor your voltages with a Digital multi meter to see how low the voltage gets after 5 mins of heavy bass. If its dropping below 12V, then add the 2nd battery or upgrade your main battery. If its always above 13, you should be fine.
Yeah it's really pricey lol like $300-$550 for my civic si. I'm wondering if I can get away with putting 2 Optima Yellow Top Batterys in my car one under the hood and one in the back in the trunk. Those are AGM batterys right ? I read pretty good reviews about them. Yeah I plan on doing the big 3 soon, any big 3 upgrade kit you or anybody else recommend? Also I bought this amp wiring kit was wondering if it'll be able to run everything smoothly they are 100% pure copper true 1/0 gauge wires but I see their rated for only 1500W RMS ? My amp is putting out 2400W and 1200 or less to each sub, so will this work or..?

photo-1.jpg

NVX wires are decent, its Sonic's in house stuff and they do care about quality when it comes to their own product if its really 0 gauge then there should be no problem running those wires with the alpine amp. Optima Yellow tops are hella expensive. Some forum members have connects to batteries can chime in on this and help you get a great battery at a much lower price. As for the big 3 kit, i'd recommend Knukonceptz OFC or have Mylows10 put together an OFC kit for you. OFC = oxygen free copper fyi

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.