Kicker Key 200.4 vs Hifonics TXi6408

Participant count
  • Participant list

taintedplay
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
dallas
I haven't done any car audio in ten years, but recently bought a bronco and it needs a rework. The popular option is a Kicker Key 200.4 since theres a spot in the dash it can easily fit. I do have an old Hifonics TXi6408 that would be nice to use since I already have it. Will be pushing 2x 4" dash speakers and 2x 6.5" kickpanel speakers. How do these amps compare?

Hifonics amp: https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item-11204-Hifonics-TXi-6408.html

Kicker key: https://www.crutchfield.com/S-pyiqv...0rKT-V2G_216LPfMdLiqfy0EQMR3WzAYaAkbzEALw_wcB

Last edited:
I haven't done any car audio in ten years, but recently bought a bronco and it needs a rework. The popular option is a Kicker Key 200.4 since theres a spot in the dash it can easily fit. I do have an old Hifonics TXi6408 that would be nice to use since I already have it. Will be pushing 2x 4" dash speakers and 2x 6.5" kickpanel speakers. How do these amps compare?
I wasnt able to find anything on the Hifonics amp except an Old Ebay For sale thread that is no long visable. I did watch a Vid on that Kicker amp. It sure des quite a bit for what it is. Pretty interesting no doubt

I wasnt able to find anything on the Hifonics amp except an Old Ebay For sale thread that is no long visable. I did watch a Vid on that Kicker amp. It sure des quite a bit for what it is. Pretty interesting no doubt

here is info on the Hifonics amphttps://www.sonicelectronix.com/item-11204-Hifonics-TXi-6408.html

Its quite clear that by specs.. the Hifonics has more power @4 ohms. It is paid for and sounds like it is working condition? Id run it

Its quite clear that by specs.. the Hifonics has more power @4 ohms. It is paid for and sounds like it is working condition? Id run it
I have 2 hifionics and 1 pioneer amp in my trunk. I like the hifionics as it delivers the clean sound that I like. I purchased first ones about 10 years ago and it is still going strong.

I have 2 hifionics and 1 pioneer amp in my trunk. I like the hifionics as it delivers the clean sound that I like. I purchased first ones about 10 years ago and it is still going strong.
I have a Gemeni VII, Heucules VII, Pluto VII, and a Vulcan VII left out of a massive slew of VII and VIII series. They still work Excellent without any internal repairs made

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...