Hifonics Brutus Elite BE2500.1 vs American Bass VFL44801D

Participant count
  • Participant list

Liveyman

AGING BASS-HEAD !!!
I have been looking for a decent 2000+ watt amp, and I keep coming back to these two. The price seems to be right, and I haven't read any terrible reviews of either. I am looking for any input/opinions on these amps. I have experience with both brands, but it has been years (I have been out of the game for a while now). I am also open to suggestions if you know of any other amps in that same power/price range.

if you ant new and $300 is your limit get whichever seems nicer to you. both do rated but aren't as good as the soundqubeds or crescendos but those will be be $150 more in the $450 range. or if you don't mind get a used on for around $300 thats what i did. i had the brutus elite first but decided to sell it for a soundqubed2200.

if you ant new and $300 is your limit get whichever seems nicer to you. both do rated but aren't as good as the soundqubeds or crescendos but those will be be $150 more in the $450 range. or if you don't mind get a used on for around $300 thats what i did. i had the brutus elite first but decided to sell it for a soundqubed2200.

Money isn't necessarily an issue, if someone can explain why those amps are worth $150 more? Is it build quality...sound quality...overall brand reputation? I just want to make sure there is an actual noticeable difference. I have been a brand ***** in the past (JL, Rockford, MTX, ect...), and have heard systems that cost half the price of mine sound twice as good/loud. I don't want to fall into that trap again. I am just getting back into the world of car audio after about a 10 year lay off, so I am having to do my homework again. From what I can tell so far, the prices seem a lot more reasonable these days, but there are a lot of new brands that I have little to no experience with. I am old enough to remember the "$1 per watt" days of high end amps. Glad to see that is not the case anymore //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Money isn't necessarily an issue, if someone can explain why those amps are worth $150 more? Is it build quality...sound quality...overall brand reputation? I just want to make sure there is an actual noticeable difference. I have been a brand ***** in the past (JL, Rockford, MTX, ect...), and have heard systems that cost half the price of mine sound twice as good/loud. I don't want to fall into that trap again. I am just getting back into the world of car audio after about a 10 year lay off, so I am having to do my homework again. From what I can tell so far, the prices seem a lot more reasonable these days, but there are a lot of new brands that I have little to no experience with. I am old enough to remember the "$1 per watt" days of high end amps. Glad to see that is not the case anymore //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Overall quality and customer service is just better. More efficent also. There are many $1 per watt amps out there also.

Money isn't necessarily an issue, if someone can explain why those amps are $150 more? Is it build quality...sound quality...overall brand reputation? I just want to make sure there is an actual noticeable difference. I have been a brand ***** in the past (JL, Rockford, MTX, ect...), and have heard systems that cost half the price of mine sound twice as good/loud. I don't want to fall into that trap again. I am just getting back into the world of car audio after about a 10 year lay off, so I am having to do my homework again. From what I can tell so far, the prices seem a lot more reasonable these days, but there are a lot of new brands that I have little to no experience with. I am old enough to remember the "$1 per watt" days of high end amps. Glad to see that is not the case anymore //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Just got back in myself and it's been a learning curve from what I thought I knew. Dollar a watt, I remember those days man. Used to run MTX and Orion back then. Lotta good stuff out there these days. JL is still going strong for sure. Check out the classifieds here and get a Soundqubed if you can. What kind of subs you gonna run?

Well...I currently have an RD Alpha v2 15 that I bought several years ago...then promptly put it in storage, so for all intents and purposes, it is new. I am currently powering it with an old 1000w Memphis amp I had laying around, but the sub can handle quite a bit more power then I am giving it atm. I may do some different subs in the near future (possibly 4 8's), so I will need the extra power anyway.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.