nees help to choose right wires for a new setup!!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey guys what's up, Im trying to run a single cable from battery to trunk and use one of those adapters to split in to two power sources ok, I have 16 ft 4 gauge kiker wire, and also some 10 gauge knukonceptz wire, would it be ok to run the kiker wire from battery aND split into two for two amps let's say 1600 watt, would that wire be ok?? It's just already got the wires but I'm a little tight in budget and I don't know if this will work or just go to knukonceptz and get 4 gauge wire for the 2nd amp, what u guys think??

need info on the amps to give you an informed answer.

If you have 1600 REAL watts you are WAY beyond 10 awg. You're technically past 4 awg too.

But if you're talking about boss audio 1600w 10awg might actually work.

1600w rms would require wiring capable of ~150A. That's the top end of 4 awg, so you'd want 1/0 primary to 4 awg from the distribution block.

But Boss/Pyle etc "1600w" amps actually do 500ish. For that 4 to 8 awg would be adequate.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.