Hifonics Brutus 1600 good amp?

Ya, if we are talking about the same person I did post on the thread asking if the amp was still available, no response. Ya, I am looking for around 1k watts. Just out of curiosity I wouldn't buy it because its way to expensive but is that Jl Audio 1000v1 slash amp as good as its price would indicate or is it just extremely over priced? I have a JL audio slash 300/2 for my high end and love the amp. My friend had a jl audio 500/1 slash hooked to some JL audio 12w3's and it honestly sounded cleaner and louder than my system but it was in a completely different car and I know that can make a huge difference. Just wondering why that thing is so much, and if its at all worth it.
The slash amps are worth every penny if you have the pennies. No other amp can do what they do. Many have copies but they still don't come close. I would take 2000 watts of slash over 5000 watts of Korean.

You can wire them at 1.5 and rise to 4ohm and actually gain power.

The slash amps are worth every penny if you have the pennies. No other amp can do what they do. Many have copies but they still don't come close. I would take 2000 watts of slash over 5000 watts of Korean. You can wire them at 1.5 and rise to 4ohm and actually gain power.
You think I would be better off getting the JL audio Slash 500/1 over the PPI 5000.1?

Thank you very much for your input by the way, I appreciate it.

You think I would be better off getting the JL audio Slash 500/1 over the PPI 5000.1?
Depends if you have money to pour into electrical upgrades. You can get a used 1000/1 for $400. That would be better than any ppi.

Depends if you have money to pour into electrical upgrades. You can get a used 1000/1 for $400. That would be better than any ppi.
Ya, im not really looking to spend that kind of money. I see in the classified's here though someone is selling a 500/1 you think that would be a solid choice over the PPI? Also, with the 500/1 you think i'd need to upgrade my electrical?

if you want overall loud, get the PPI 5000.1, but for SQ the JL is better. You really cant compare them because they are about 1000 watts apart.

Ya, im not really looking to spend that kind of money. I see in the classified's here though someone is selling a 500/1 you think that would be a solid choice over the PPI? Also, with the 500/1 you think i'd need to upgrade my electrical?
the JL's are not the most efficient in the world, from what ive gathered they pull alot of current. Like said above, how did you kill, or how did the memphis die?

the JL's are not the most efficient in the world, from what ive gathered they pull alot of current. Like said above, how did you kill, or how did the memphis die?
Honestly I don't know I have been using it for about 5 years now without any issue and all of the sudden it started cutting out here and there then one day it just wouldn't go on. How long are amp's supposed to last? I took it apart to look at it and 2 of the capacitors look slightly burned but I never smelled anything coming from it or anything like that and I keep the back seats folded down to make it louder so if something was burning I would have most certainly smelled it.

The ppi 5000 is rated at 2500 rms at 1 ohm vs the 500 jl wtf are you talking about? Get a fkin grip 4 lol.

OP yes if you had issues running 1000 you're sure as hell going to have issues running that 5000.1. What kind of electrical you have stock alt and wires?

The ppi 5000 is rated at 2500 rms at 1 ohm vs the 500 jl wtf are you talking about? Get a fkin grip 4 lol.
OP yes if you had issues running 1000 you're sure as hell going to have issues running that 5000.1. What kind of electrical you have stock alt and wires?
Yup stock alt and wires. I am 99% sure my car has a 160 amp alternator its an 06 Hyundai Sonata. Red top Optima battery.

OP yes if you had issues running 100 you're sure as hell going to have issues running that 5000.1. What kind of electrical you have stock alt and wires?
It's simple if you know what that JL does. After rise and 12v how much do you think that overrated PPI/power Acustik is making? Didn't the 7000.1 only clamp 2500? Lol. You think the 5000.1 is doing the same thing?

After rise, before rise, before 12v, after 12v that JL is making 500 plus. There is a reason that 500 watt amp still goes for $200 used and some are 10 years old still getting $200. I got grip do you have a grip?

I think it'll do at least 1.5 the 7000 was rated at 3500 and pulled a CLEAN 2500 sooo...yes he was right they are at least 1k apart and once again you're talking out of your ***.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.