Hifonics Brutus 1600 good amp?

My Memphis MCD 1000 recently died out and I am looking for a replacement. I found a guy selling a Hifonics Brutus 1600 on Craigslist for 150. What do you guys think, good replacement? It will be powering 2 Diamond Audio D6's.
The brx are decent for the price, but you won't see 1600 man. A compirable would be the ba2600.1. 136.00 at Sonic new. Free shipping too.

Thank you very much for the reply! Hmm.. if money isn't an issue what would you suggest I go with for best quality and performance? Think I should just get the one you mentioned?

Thank you very much for the reply! Hmm.. if money isn't an issue what would you suggest I go with for best quality and performance? Think I should just get the one you mentioned?
Q1-2200D if money is no issue......

Q1-2200D if money is no issue......
Ya, I didn't realize it would get that expensive. I was thinking maybe like 250 max limit. If I got something more expensive though would I notice any difference in sound quality between it and the PPI you recommended?

yeah me either folder might be full try posting on the thread tellin him his folders full? That 5000 isn't bad for the price. I saw a thread on them and people are fairly impressed for the price. Your only looking for about what 1k? The BRX 1400 isn't bad not going to do 1400 but probably around 1100 for the money it's not bad.

yeah me either folder might be full try posting on the thread tellin him his folders full? That 5000 isn't bad for the price. I saw a thread on them and people are fairly impressed for the price. Your only looking for about what 1k? The BRX 1400 isn't bad not going to do 1400 but probably around 1100 for the money it's not bad.
Ya, if we are talking about the same person I did post on the thread asking if the amp was still available, no response. Ya, I am looking for around 1k watts. Just out of curiosity I wouldn't buy it because its way to expensive but is that Jl Audio 1000v1 slash amp as good as its price would indicate or is it just extremely over priced? I have a JL audio slash 300/2 for my high end and love the amp. My friend had a jl audio 500/1 slash hooked to some JL audio 12w3's and it honestly sounded cleaner and louder than my system but it was in a completely different car and I know that can make a huge difference. Just wondering why that thing is so much, and if its at all worth it.

I think im actually leaning toward the PPI 5000.1 the one you linked me too. I have a question though, if my Memphis made my headlights dim and this thing is over double the power will I have severe problems with my electrical with this thing? The headlight diming wasn't really severe and got a lot better after I got an optima red top battery.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.