Hifonics Amps

Twenty years ago I had a hifonix amp that was about six inches wide. No idea power. But I remember it distributed amazing power.

Are the new ones the same ?
god no... they do 1/2 rated in most cases at best so a 1200 may say 600rms but maynot even do that.. look at new s soundqubed amps or wolfram for decent amps but what is your budget and what are u gonna to power with amp?

god no... they do 1/2 rated in most cases at best so a 1200 may say 600rms but maynot even do that.. look at new s soundqubed amps or wolfram for decent amps but what is your budget and what are u gonna to power with amp?
Come one... they are not THAT bad lol... Some do rated or close.... A couple have the same board as the soundqubed(not bashing SQ because im a SQ guy) just saying

Come one... they are not THAT bad lol... Some do rated or close.... A couple have the same board as the soundqubed(not bashing SQ because im a SQ guy) just saying
One amp had a SQ board, the BRZ2400.1d the rest did not.... They are very hit or miss...

Actually the HFI2500, BXI2608, BXI2607, BXI2610, also shared the same board as the 2200
yeah that 1 that blank tested did like 1500 but the other ones most peeps have say 1200 but are 600rms amp the atlantis i had many years ago said 600 and did 600 now u lucky if u get that (i ran that at 1.66ohm bridged load can't do that with new one).. some of those hifonics that have same board as sq that i saw were pretty high $ for hifonics amp.. if u need 500rms then u can get a 1200 hifonics u will probably get 500 maybe more idk but as long as u know what u getting it's fine especially if it's used or on sale.. the pioneer 8601 blank just tested did rated power and is on sale on walmart.com for $99 just saying other better amps that are at least rated closer to what the do for same or less $.. i'd just stick to the ones u can find a dyno on honestly i'd rather buy a skar which as u know peeps here hate..

yeah that 1 that blank tested did like 1500 but the other ones most peeps have say 1200 but are 600rms amp the atlantis i had many years ago said 600 and did 600 now u lucky if u get that (i ran that at 1.66ohm bridged load can't do that with new one).. some of those hifonics that have same board as sq that i saw were pretty high $ for hifonics amp.. if u need 500rms then u can get a 1200 hifonics u will probably get 500 maybe more idk but as long as u know what u getting it's fine especially if it's used or on sale.. the pioneer 8601 blank just tested did rated power and is on sale on walmart.com for $99 just saying other better amps that are at least rated closer to what the do for same or less $.. i'd just stick to the ones u can find a dyno on honestly i'd rather buy a skar which as u know peeps here hate..
I know man i was just saying, i dont run HF...... I have no issue with Skar though others have issues from years ago with owner. I never had issues with skar quip ive owned and all the skar builds i have seen have been nice. It seems everyone has issues with previous "shady" buiz practices from kevin and what not but to me does not take away from the quality of the skar products. When it comes down to it skar performs and i ignore all the negative people say towards it. Hell i would buy it just because they bash it just to be different lol. I know the product is good. Im not worried about the owner.

I'm doing a full Hifonics amp build with the 20 year old stuff (well 18). I have the XI Colossus and 2 XI Zeus amps. American made, class AB, Power hungry, mean *** amps.

Then they shipped production to Korea...

I would still say they are best bang for your buck in the cheap category...and there are tons of people still using them with good reviews.

I'm doing a full Hifonics amp build with the 20 year old stuff (well 18). I have the XI Colossus and 2 XI Zeus amps. American made, class AB, Power hungry, mean *** amps.Then they shipped production to Korea...

I would still say they are best bang for your buck in the cheap category...and there are tons of people still using them with good reviews.
the newer stuff? Its reviews from people who never had anything better. Hifonics amps are basically power acoustik amps with their level of exaggeration of power output. Their brx 3000 only does 1800 watts. Their BRE elite brutus 1700 amp only did 1200 watts. Those amps when they first came out were expensive AF and people got fked over actually wasting their money on that garbage because no one wanted to call out and point out how garbage the amps really are for the price you pay. Only lately when the brx 3000 amp dyno vid came out is when hifonics dropped the price on that amp down to where it really should have been BECAUSE they got their @ss called out. There's WAAAAY better amps costing the same or less money that actually does good power numbers on the dyno with much better efficiency. There is NO reason to ever use hifonics amps. Hifonics amps do have a roll off under 30hz as well from all the ones i've tested. Direct swap with a korean amp with nothing else changed, both amps were at zero subsonic, the korean amps played down to 17hz while the hifonics died at 28hz.

Literally almost everything after the BRZ line is power acoustik level junk, The rest are overpriced and mediocre at best. a brx 3000 dynoing only 1800 clean. YUP. They marketed that soo hard as a 3k amp when it first came out. Now, they backed the fk off. Shoutouts to all the dyno vids being done and showing people what a fraud the newer amps are.

Literally almost everything after the BRZ line is power acoustik level junk, The rest are overpriced and mediocre at best. a brx 3000 dynoing only 1800 clean. YUP. They marketed that soo hard as a 3k amp when it first came out. Now, they backed the fk off. Shoutouts to all the dyno vids being done and showing people what a fraud the newer amps are.
Im pretty sure i seen a test of both the BRZ & sq2200 and they were actually close in power. i cant speak for the other amps or these newer amps but the brz was not that bad.

i just picked this up for $115 new off Amazon. its rated at 500 at 2 ohms, but the birth sheet says 630. i have a scope and will see what it does after i get it all hooked up. it feels quality too.

Amplifiers-ROCK16-R500X1D-detailed-image-1.jpg

Im pretty sure i seen a test of both the BRZ & sq2200 and they were actually close in power. i cant speak for the other amps or these newer amps but the brz was not that bad.
thats why i said anything after the brz. You need to stop bringing up stuff from 6-10 years ago. Everything that's relevant is whats on the market right now and the direction the company is taking in the recent years. You dont have experience, with the new stuff? Well I DO. ITS COMPLETE and utter SH*T

going off past amps and saying the company is not that bad will give other people reading it a sense that hifonics should still be decent while in fact they are pretty garbage nowadays in terms of price to performance ratio.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.