JBL GTR 104 help

Participant count
  • Participant list

BOON250

Hi

I have installed a JBL GTR-104 bluetooth amp. I am using JVC 60 W RMS 6.5 front components and JVC 70w RMS 6x9s in the rear and have a few questions

I am using the bluetooth input only as its in a classic car. I'm running the music off a 6s IPhone. I can hit half on the volume scale with no distortion and its pretty loud at that point.

It sounds pretty punchy and loud but I feel the front speakers are a bit tinny and the 6x9s are only a little bit bassy. So I have some questions....

1) The gain control appears to do nothing, I guess because its on bluetooth input- is this a problem?

2) Should I HPF the front components or run them full pass?

3) What filter should the 6x9s be on? High low or full?

4) should I move the tweeters closer to the woofers? They are sitting up on the top of the dash at present.

The soundstage sounds "full" inside the car and distortion isn't a problem, just a little lacking on bass I feel.

Any suggestions appreciated!

hp all speakers.. start at like 70hz and adjust them until they don't distort but the will have to me mounted 1st (if they aren't in door they'll sound better once they are).. hp will cause u to loose more bass which is just distortion to small speakers that's y u get a sub so speakers play clean and loud and sub more than makes up for the bass..

I personally like tweeters within 2" of the mid. Use double sided tape and temp mount them closer to the mid and see what you think. High pass both sets between 60-80 hz

thanks for the suggestions... Wouldn't high passing both sets kill what bass I have though ? I'm not running a sub. Im guessing the tweeters are too far away from the woofers , might be affecting the bass a bit....

My mid bass improved moving the tweeters from the top of the doors to just above the door panels speaker grill. It lowers the sound stage a little but the tweeters no longer overpower everything else. Try moving them temporarily and see what happens

What kind of deck? Some have hp crossovers in them and can't be turned off like the lp can

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.