HiFonics amp Question

They have a new Goliath Ga series for 2018 Amplifiers | Hifonics
And a new Bxx series BRUTUS BXX Amplifiers | Hifonics

They still don't make the specs clear if its RMS or Peak watts.
If you click on any of the pics show, scroll down to see the specs and also the wattage the amp does. It's def rms. And for their pricing, forget it. I'll stick with a brand that will do at least rated for either same or cheaper $$. peak watts means nothing....continuous aka rms is what you wanna look for. Peak just means for a few seconds whereas rms is every minute/hr of listening.

If you click on any of the pics show, scroll down to see the specs and also the wattage the amp does. It's def rms. And for their pricing, forget it. I'll stick with a brand that will do at least rated for either same or cheaper $$. peak watts means nothing....continuous aka rms is what you wanna look for. Peak just means for a few seconds whereas rms is every minute/hr of listening.
Only the super amps put the RMS in the specs. all the other amps they don't make it clear if there numbers are RMS or Peak

temporary hosting photo

here they saying the new GA5000.1D is 2500 watts but the specs say 5000 x 1 @ 1 ohm

Only the super amps put the RMS in the specs. all the other amps they don't make it clear if there numbers are RMS or Peak
here they saying the new GA5000.1D is 2500 watts but the specs say 5000 x 1 @ 1 ohm
the company can claim all it wants, Every certified test of hifonics on the amp dyno has always been a horrible failure. Their track record is beyond garbage, idk why people still buy into them. You arent buying hifonics, you are buying Maxxoniccs AKA Crunch and Autotek. Hifonics died a long time ago. Maxxonics is just dressing up its corpse and earning money doing freak show street performances with it.

looks like BXX line and super amps use RMS in the specs and the GA series amps use Peak. The brutus elite line just have some stupid number. They do not make it clear on the packaging, user manuals or hifonics site if they are using peak or RMS numbers.

The hercules uses peak numbers in the specs. The way they rate there amps is a total mess.

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like BXX line and super amps use uses RMS in the specs and and GA uses Peak. The brutus lines just have some stupid number. They do not make it clear on the packaging, user manuals or hifonics site if they using peak or RMS numbers.
The hercules uses peak numbers in the specs. The way they rate there amps is a total mess.

yeah looks like the better ones do about 1/2 of what ever it says, if u know that going in and get it used for cheap not bad but i would pay over $150 for any hifi idk how they sell the $300+ ones

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.