HiFonics amp Question

I have the chance to acquire for farly cheap A Hifonics Brutus BE2100 1 amp..The problem is the amp is missing the Bass level remote...My questions are, will the amp function without the remote?? Next I assume the remote is just a potintiometer (sic) is this correct?? Also Hifonics does not carry this item any more, anyone know of a place to get a replacement?? Thanks for the help..

I have the chance to acquire for farly cheap A Hifonics Brutus BE2100 1 amp..The problem is the amp is missing the Bass level remote...My questions are, will the amp function without the remote?? Next I assume the remote is just a potintiometer (sic) is this correct?? Also Hifonics does not carry this item any more, anyone know of a place to get a replacement?? Thanks for the help..
u can get rca sub volume $17 amazon

since u are new tell us how much u can get it for.. in case it's more than a better amp we may know about..

20 bucks says he'll smoke that amp, distort his sub, and clip them to death. Next week he'll post a new thread, Need new amp.

50 bucks says that sherwood17 and erod856 the forums' most quiet members on here going around disliking/liking posts, dislikes my next several posts. Don't be shy guys...to say something.

since u are new tell us how much u can get it for.. in case it's more than a better amp we may know about..
Hey there, yes I am new to the forum..An old man at 57, used to play around at SPL levels back in the day late 80's...Anyway I was just curious about this amp in particular, as I could find no info on running it without the Bass remote...I have a RCA style preamp/eq with variable out on the bass...I picked the amp up yesterday at a pawn shop for 87 dollars, like I said minus the remote...Man has the game changed in all these years..I remember 142 was pretty respectful out of my 8 Kicker comp 15's..Hell, I even had twin battery's in the back with a battery isolator...Hahahaha.....Thanks for the answers guys...

Hey there, yes I am new to the forum..An old man at 57, used to play around at SPL levels back in the day late 80's...Anyway I was just curious about this amp in particular, as I could find no info on running it without the Bass remote...I have a RCA style preamp/eq with variable out on the bass...I picked the amp up yesterday at a pawn shop for 87 dollars, like I said minus the remote...Man has the game changed in all these years..I remember 142 was pretty respectful out of my 8 Kicker comp 15's..Hell, I even had twin battery's in the back with a battery isolator...Hahahaha.....Thanks for the answers guys...
yeah 1'm 50, most of the subs today are made for ported boxes and many old name brands **** now lol thats biggest diff. i worked at shop for long time.. about 20 yr ago we did a sebring with 4 hcca 15's (heavy subs) and i think 4 hcca amps batterys, ho alt about $9k it did 151.. peeps do that with 1 or 2 subs, guy has 4 b stock fu 12's like mine $80 each did 157 lol.. power is cheaper so peeps use more power with beefier subs, i have the weakest system here and i have 50% more power to 1 12 as i used to run to 2..

Wow, that is just plain crazy...Yes I too did installs for a place called RCS Telecom..Was a blast....This one amp puts out more than all 8 of my 15's were being driven with....Some of these guys know way more than the pros did back then, it amazes me...And yes dollar for dollar wattage is way cheaper than it was in the 80's/90's...i would have cut off my leg for an amp like this Brutus that I could have afforded back then..IIRC my buddy was running a few amps called "Odins" with a pair of Punch 18's, and he was my envy...Im going to go with 2 Kicker VR 15's I picked up on a trade, should be more than enough for me..My wife is already looking at me nine kinds of funny....She thinks the Fosgate 12's are just fine...Take care....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.