HiFonics amp Question

Wow, that is just plain crazy...Yes I too did installs for a place called RCS Telecom..Was a blast....This one amp puts out more than all 8 of my 15's were being driven with....Some of these guys know way more than the pros did back then, it amazes me...And yes dollar for dollar wattage is way cheaper than it was in the 80's/90's...i would have cut off my leg for an amp like this Brutus that I could have afforded back then..IIRC my buddy was running a few amps called "Odins" with a pair of Punch 18's, and he was my envy...Im going to go with 2 Kicker VR 15's I picked up on a trade, should be more than enough for me..My wife is already looking at me nine kinds of funny....She thinks the Fosgate 12's are just fine...Take care....
Ofcourse the flipside is Subs have become so **** inefficient nowadays...

I have a brutus bre2500.1d and it did not come with a bass control know when i purchased it used. The function of it works just fine without it. Ignore the negative comments. Hifonics may be a cheap brand but they work just fine. Set your gain level appropriately and it will suit you fine. Have a nice day. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

I have a brutus bre2500.1d and it did not come with a bass control know when i purchased it used. The function of it works just fine without it. Ignore the negative comments. Hifonics may be a cheap brand but they work just fine. Set your gain level appropriately and it will suit you fine. Have a nice day. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif
Thanks for the advice...Im not looking for anything real hot, or hi dollar anymore, just want to be able to enjoy the music, and have fun wiring, and building a box...Its been a while since I have done either, so it will be a fun project.....

Thanks for the advice...Im not looking for anything real hot, or hi dollar anymore, just want to be able to enjoy the music, and have fun wiring, and building a box...Its been a while since I have done either, so it will be a fun project.....
in fact they just showed guts of a hifi brz2400 amp beside sound qubed 2200 which is much more $ and it's exact same board and the sq had cheaper caps

in fact they just showed guts of a hifi brz2400 amp beside sound qubed 2200 which is much more $ and it's exact same board and the sq had cheaper caps

everything after that model is garbage though. Cant really say the same about any of their lineups after the BRZ which is dinosaur old. Even the BRE were grossly overrated in certified dynos. But OP is not wanting crazy good amps, just something solid that will power his stuff and that amp does fine.

So Hifonics are cheap stuff now days, huh?? Man back in the day I wanted a complete hifonics setup...I ran Coustic products, because I was buds with the coustic rep....Sure had fun back then....Spent more on the install, and the system then my whole van was worth..That was back when they would cut the bed to cab area out of the little mini trucks....Half the **** things ended up leaking...I just cant get over some of the setups on here........BTW, I know off topic, but how do those Vr comps 15's do with 3.8 cf in a sealed box?? These are switchable between 2, and 8 ohm...Going in 04 Grand Prix, if not my man cave with dedicated 60 amp PS for the Brutus...

So Hifonics are cheap stuff now days, huh?? Man back in the day I wanted a complete hifonics setup...I ran Coustic products, because I was buds with the coustic rep....Sure had fun back then....Spent more on the install, and the system then my whole van was worth..That was back when they would cut the bed to cab area out of the little mini trucks....Half the **** things ended up leaking...I just cant get over some of the setups on here........BTW, I know off topic, but how do those Vr comps 15's do with 3.8 cf in a sealed box?? These are switchable between 2, and 8 ohm...Going in 04 Grand Prix, if not my man cave with dedicated 60 amp PS for the Brutus...
omg i have 04 grand prix, look in my gallery pic in there.. i haven't had a kicker sub in 20 yrs but u putting a box that big in gp idk man think u be better with 1 ported (if u were saying 2 sealed).. yeah hi fi and others dropped like rocks since the made in china now.. i had hifi atlantis 600 amp and 3 hifi 10's with honey comb cone (i think it was called) rear view mirror fell off in wifes lap playing country music lol.. amp was 2 channel i was running bridged 1.66 ohm it got hot after an hour but did it fine..

Ofcourse the flipside is Subs have become so **** inefficient nowadays...
u ever look at guts of your hifonics? they look good or not? saw guys comment on your utube that he ran that amp at 1/2 ohm for 3 yrs wtf shocking if true..

99% of the brands that were top of the line in the 80s and 90s have been bought out and gutted and the product they now make is low end foreign made garbage.

just for reference, heres a guts shot of the bre2500.1d I wouldnt call it junk.
when the 1700 BRE only dynos 1199 watts certifed at 14.87 volts. at 13.8v like most normal cars you can expect a much steeper drop in power. That puts it in complete junk territory. An amp can look as beefy as it wants but if it doesnt put out power, its still classified as bottom of the barrel. Especially for how much the BRE amps costed when they were on the market. It puts them into the horrible buy, Sh*T price to performance ratio group. Even the audiopoop 1500.1 apcl dyno'd 100 watts more for half the price back then. Their new 3000 watt brutus only made 1800 watts certified. Everything about new school hifonics screams power acoustik. There's no use defending a brand thats been proven time and time again to be grossly overrated and horribly inefficient and costing way more per watt than cheaper amps doing way better numbers.

Yobrl5.jpg

Hey there, yes I am new to the forum..An old man at 57, used to play around at SPL levels back in the day late 80's...Anyway I was just curious about this amp in particular, as I could find no info on running it without the Bass remote...I have a RCA style preamp/eq with variable out on the bass...I picked the amp up yesterday at a pawn shop for 87 dollars, like I said minus the remote...Man has the game changed in all these years..I remember 142 was pretty respectful out of my 8 Kicker comp 15's..Hell, I even had twin battery's in the back with a battery isolator...Hahahaha.....Thanks for the answers guys...
Nice to see another old head on here.

Nice to see another old head on here.
Thanks, Brother...One of the first things we did back then was change out most of the filter caps in those Coustics.....I am surprised to hear about Hifonics being junk now days....Well I spent the 87 bucks, so I will see what happens....Thanks for all the reply's, has been a real eye opener....Like everything else tho it seems the old standards go down hill, and live off the name....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.