Probably going to be adding bump to my G8 GT (decided on W-1500.1)

Participant count
  • Participant list

aeroportspwn
10+ year member

mmmm aeroports
FL
Been without some bass for quite awhile, been out of the audio scene for 5-6 years and think its time to get a little bass.

Thinking about a Wolfram audio 1500.1 and something along the lines of a HDS3.112 or Hdc3 12". If I got the HDS3 I'd keep the gain down abit on the amp. I've had sundown products in the past and may look into them as well for the subs again.

I also love using aeroports and would probably build an aeroport box for it with the appropriate volume and put the aeroport / aerports out to the side in the trunk. I am pretty good at building boxes and built my own numerous times.

1 downfall to the G8 GT car is that for now I will have to try and keep the stock head unit. Reason being is that the Head unit ties into the HVAC controls and its expensive as f a k to install an aftermarket headunit. The kit needed in order to install an aftermarket head unit comes with an lcd touch screen and retains the hvac controls, plus it comes with a front facia so you can install any aftermarket head unit you want. The kit alone is around $800ish (not including a head unit).

I hate using line output converters, but for now temporary I will have to use a lil higher end one such as an lc7i, or MTX re-Q5 (bass restoration signal processor) if I can still find one, or a jl fix 86..

I can do everything in the system from top to bottom no problems, but since I have always done it correctly and always used an aftermarket head unit in all my other vehicles. I am at a dilemma on which loc / oem dsp to use. What are your thoughts on that?

Take a look at amps that have the LOC, DSP, and an amplifier built into one, such as the Audio Control D-4.800. There are others available from Kenwood, etc. to fit your budget as needed.

IMO, the JL Audio FIX 86 is too expensive for just a 10-band EQ and DSP that still requires a LOC, where as the Audio Control unit has everything in one unit, 4ch x 125W for your mids/highs with a 30-band EQ and DSP, plus an output to a dedicated sub amp. All controls are digitally set (no knobs or dials) through a USB cable to a PC or Mac.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.