Hey I need Help with a simple problem!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lord_Vegeta
10+ year member

VA
Hey,

Why is it that when I turn my radio up(I have a new cd player, 4-new speakers, & 2 brand new 12's) & I why is it that when I turn the radio up while my car is running up to like 35 out of 50(Volume setting) that the words get mumbled. ...Anyone with any type of experience to this or knowledge will be very helpful...1

It doesnt happen when my car is off I can turn the volume up to 50 out of 50 if I want to, but when the car is on, when I turn the volume up to 35+ the words get ugly & Im not talking because of the music Im playing. Im a novice @ this type of stuff so ur input is greatly appreciated. Shout outs to my people in VA!!

Which head unit is it?

what speakers are you using...

It could also be mostly the low frequencies that distort your speakers....

try placing an inline capacitor to act as a High pass filter ... 80 hz and up or 100 hz... depending on your speaker quality...

but mostly because of what jmac said....

Thats the thing I have an external amp(M/A Audio or sutting like dat). & it still does it. Im not sure why that is. Keep coming with the replies cuz ur starting to make me feel theres hople..naw j/p but for real keep it coming!

It could also be mostly the low frequencies that distort your speakers....

try placing an inline capacitor to act as a High pass filter ... 80 hz and up or 100 hz... depending on your speaker quality...

Can I pick up a High pass filter....80 hz and up or 100 hz @ my Local CC or BB??

I have 2 Jensen front speakers & 2 Polk Audio rear Speakers...Thanx again man!!

If in fact it is my Head Unit that is not putting out enough power(cuz that does make sense to me)...Like I said im a novice @ this type of stuff so where can I get head unit from (I know it sounds like a stupid question) & how much do u think its gonna cost me!!

(If its expensive my volume will probably never go above 35 out of 50)....Dang thats pathetic!!! Good looking peeps!!

Nope this distortion is a noise that sounds like when someone is talking & the volume is raised like I said earlier its sounds like arrrhaha...man its hard to put into words over da net but the words become very unclear almost as if someone put suttin in the artists mouth. It seems like a lil problem to me & I hope its nuttin wrong w/ my head unit. Thanx 4 da reply

Umm like I said I dont know sh** about dis car audio & stuff like dat so can u be more specific of what a head unit is...I know u thinkin dis dude is like 10 yrs old but I aint got a clue my man. The car is a pimped out(i had to add dat) 96 Kia Sephia...u know Im trying to hook it up!! It does sound like some type of distortion...so about the head unit where can I get it & how much ur est will be helpful.

Thanx 4 not clownin me on dat 1 man... but I have a JVC-sutting 180-watt by 4 sutting like dat from CC(if dat matters).. But I do know it says 180 on the face plate I hope thats some useful info 4 ya!!

Yup I have to go with jmac on this one, it really does sound like signal distortion. The bass is trying to take over at high volumes which is why the the high sound like they are cut out. I would first try using some crossovers, then turning the bass down on the h/u. As for the part that it only starts doing it when the engine is running. The only thing I can think of is that the extra voltage is cousing the h/u to produce more power for the bass and it is overpowering the highs. But thats just my 2 cents.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Oh and jmac I can turn my h/u all the way up and it still sounds clear also.:p I dont know how with it being an aiwa but I can do it.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ok so where can I get this crossover thing(ive heard of dat b-4) & whatever else I need... SO THE ANSWER TO MY PROBLEM IS:

1. I NEED A CROSSOVER

2. I NEED THE INCLINE/?? WIRES

3. THERE MAY BE A PROBLEM WITH MY HU

*******CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG ON DIS ONE GUYS********

**********IM JUST TRYING TO GET THIS SH** RIGHT & THEN LEAVE IT ALONE & MOVE ON TO MY SHOES ON MY WHIP*************

MY AMP I BELIEVE HAS A BUILT IN CROSSOVER......NOT 100% SURE ON DAT ONE BUT IM LIKE 90 % SURE...SO IT MAY BE SOMETHING AS SIMPLE AS SETTING MY CONTROLS ON MY AMP CUZ I DID LET SOMEBODY MESS W/ THE CONTROLS WHEN THEY WANTED TO HEAR A CERTAIN SONG IN MY CAR. & SOMEONE ELSE TOLD ME THAT THE POSITIVE WASNT GOING TO THE POSITIVE & THE NEGATIVE WAS NOT GOING TO THE NEGATIVE(OVER DA PHONE OF COURSE)...BUT I THINK I VALUE YALL INPUT MUCH MORE THAN RANDOM HEADS WHO DONT KNOW MUCH.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.