helpppp. how do i hook up an extra battery?

Participant count
  • Participant list
as long as its the same kind of battery then you hook it up +pos to +pos, -neg to -neg. ford chevy dogde wire it up from the factory that way so thats the way i go. they have more a lot money invested in it than i do so ...

its not possible to "double your voltage". just run a set of wires from your existing battery to the new one, in series. then connect your amp to the second battery.

OR, you can run a wire from the positive from the alt, to the battery, then ground the battery to the frame, and the engine block, so therefore, it'll be separate from the other battery. the only downside is you'll be overworking your alt if its anything less then maybe 120 amps

its not possible to "double your voltage". just run a set of wires from your existing battery to the new one, in series. then connect your amp to the second battery.
OR, you can run a wire from the positive from the alt, to the battery, then ground the battery to the frame, and the engine block, so therefore, it'll be separate from the other battery. the only downside is you'll be overworking your alt if its anything less then maybe 120 amps
It is very possible to double batt voltage if you series wire the batts they double voltage don't believe experiment for your self

Op you wire the batt just like you wire an amp pos to pos neg to negative. You can ground the batt to the frame and it will be fine.

It's really easy to do just don't hook pos to negative that would result in 24v and may fry your car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.