Need advice on electrical system don't want to strain

Participant count
  • Participant list
So I have a 98 rodeo and it only has a 90 amp alt In it I am going to upgrade the power and ground leads this weekend but will this allow enough current flow to hook up a second amp I currently have a Rockford fosgate r750-1d pulling around 60 amps and I just want a small like 50-75 watt alarms amp for my front and rear door speakers will this be alright or do I need to get a ho alt I don't dOnt really have money for one right now so it would put things on hold but don't want to cause electrical problems for a second amp

start with the Big 3, then use a volt meter to monitor the voltage as you drive. keep an eye on it. if the car can't maintain 13V on a regular basis, then you need to address the charging system.

no one can predict how you will use your system. music is dynamic and draw is usually minimal except for impact and bass drops.

Thanks and when u say use a volt meter do u mean like the kind that you hook up and has a digital read out in the car or what I have seen them but don't really know much about them

I read a thread on the voltage meter and wasn't sure for what I'm trying to figure out if the electic system is being over taxed would I want to hook up the voltage meter to the battery or my amp

Thanks and when u say use a volt meter do u mean like the kind that you hook up and has a digital read out in the car or what I have seen them but don't really know much about them
yes. there roughly 20 bucks off of amazon. basically you run 2 wires. one to the the positive of the battery, one to the negative. then you run a remote wire to the ignition wire. so that when the ignition is on, the meter pops on

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.