Help with wiring?!?! (Amp Kit)

Participant count
  • Participant list

DJSlowfets

Senior VIP Member
CA
Hey guys taking car to my local car audio shop tomorrow so excited first system in my first car and no im not a spoiled brat everything has been paid with my money anyways i bought 2 12 inch mtx subwoofers an alpine mrv-m500 amp and a pioneer DEH-X3500UI and the e2 E1000 by Scosche amp kit which is what my question is about.. i will post several pictures of all the wire it came with its obviously not all copper to much for a little kid with just ok subs.. i want to know if you think these wires will be ok for this system i dont know enough about car wiring to tell. The only good thing about it is it is true 4ga wire they measure just the wire in millimeters (9.5) which is true 4ga i mainly have a concern for the speaker wire and remote turn on wire. The picture with my finger running next to the rca cable to show thickness.

The remote wire will be fine.

4 AWG power and ground are good too.

That kit has 3mm speaker wire (between 14 and 16 AWG) and that seems a little light. I would like to see you using at least 12 gauge for the subs depending on length.

Can i ask what it would hurt with the speaker wire i have is it sending bad signal to subs/amp does the wire itself get to hot???

With what u r running I wouldn't worry about that. And welcome. Be prepared to get addicted and learn how to wire and change things out on ur own its not that hard and most people here are very helpful. Make sure to do the big 3 for future upgrades I just recently started myself back in Feb and I had best buy install, bad idea. But once it was installed I learned how to do everything myself and in less then 3 months I already changed everything out and upgraded. Have fun and again welcome and don't hesitate to ask ?s I have had a lot.

Too big of a wire doesn't hurt anything... But that wire isn't too small for 500w. I ran 16g on 800w with no problems -- speaker wires are usually pretty short lengths and there isn't much current (amperage) running through them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.