Help with setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

moorezy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I just put in my HDC315 dual 1 ohm. wired at .5 ohm to a lanzar opti2000d. I set my gain with a 50hz 0db tone. with the speakers hooked up.. i turned my gain on the amp until the voltage (AC) was 28 volts thats roughly 1600 watts rms. On my headunit everything was down except i had the bass knob full. Then when i went to play music... it just wasn't loud at all. I then threw on my LOUD setting. and it started to sound like i thought it would.. but i knew obviously this wasn't right because voltage would be off now... Anyways so i went home to trouble shoot some more.. and with my trunk open i played a song. and the subwoofer was like bottoming out so i turned it down immediately. Anyone want to guide me through the setup of my amplifier and woofer? thanks

I am thinking having my trunk open vs close is a huge difference like i can play the subwoofer with the trunk closed fine it wangs hard as hell.. but with the trunk open.. the subwoofer just goes crazy because of the open air. i don't know.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.