Help with new build, 2001 F350

Participant count
  • Participant list

LitWizard

CarAudio.com Newbie
I hate to be that guy, but I've recently put together an audio system build for my 01 F350 and was needing some advice. The stock sound system isn't cutting it anymore, and this is the first time I've driven something bigger than a Miata so I wanted to start going big(within a budget) and wanted some advice on what I've pieced together.

Current plan is:
HEAD UNIT:
Sony MEX-N5300BT

4x DOOR SPEAKERS:
Kenwood KFC-C6896PS

AMP:
Rockford Fosgate Punch P1000X5

AMP KIT:

Rockford Fosgate RFK4X

SUB:

JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3

The stage plan at the moment is Headunit + 4 speakers -> Amp + kit -> Sub

This is my first time doing anything more than a couple speakers and a head unit, so I wanted to get some professional advice before I started throwing money at things. Given that I have limited audio experience I was hoping for some pointers/advice if there's any components that wont work together, or any pieces that could be replaced for cheaper/better parts. Also I'm not sure if I'm missing anything, so any advice is greatly appreciated!

I was also concerned if this setup would need any electrical system modifications on a Diesel 01 F350. I figured since I'm not trying to rattle my truck apart I could get away with the stock alternator and 2x batteries.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.