cooling amp rack help

Participant count
  • Participant list
I love projects like this one. I would use the power supply and ground to my amp. Then wire a fan or fans to the output wires from my thermostat. All my wiring would be near the amp board, and I would try to mount the thermostat on the amp board. Just thinking out loud. Amazon has a cool thermostat for 8.99. Good luck with your project and let us know how it worked out.

I love projects like this one. I would use the power supply and ground to my amp. Then wire a fan or fans to the output wires from my thermostat. All my wiring would be near the amp board, and I would try to mount the thermostat on the amp board. Just thinking out loud. Amazon has a cool thermostat for 8.99. Good luck with your project and let us know how it worked out. View attachment 22100
ok thanks for help ok so were can i find a sensor probe that about 25 feet to reach the trunk of my car

Where do you want to place the temperature probe? I thought that you were concerned about cooling the area around the amp rack. If that's the mission, then the thermometer and probe can be located in that area. If you have another plan or mission, then you can always splice the probe wiring and insert your 25 feet of wiring. Make sure it's the same type as the existing wire.

I'm curious as to why you need 25 feet of probe wiring. Are you planning to install the thermometer panel on or near your dash? If that's the case, you will need another 25 feet of wiring from the panel to the fans in the trunk. Help me understand what you are trying to do. Thanks.

Where do you want to place the temperature probe? I thought that you were concerned about cooling the area around the amp rack. If that's the mission, then the thermometer and probe can be located in that area. If you have another plan or mission, then you can always splice the probe wiring and insert your 25 feet of wiring. Make sure it's the same type as the existing wire.

I'm curious as to why you need 25 feet of probe wiring. Are you planning to install the thermometer panel on or near your dash? If that's the case, you will need another 25 feet of wiring from the panel to the fans in the trunk. Help me understand what you are trying to do. Thanks.
yeah i was gone mount in my console of car

I love projects like this one. I would use the power supply and ground to my amp. Then wire a fan or fans to the output wires from my thermostat. All my wiring would be near the amp board, and I would try to mount the thermostat on the amp board. Just thinking out loud. Amazon has a cool thermostat for 8.99. Good luck with your project and let us know how it worked out. View attachment 22100
Good diagram. I'll see if this what buddy is looking for, got to finish installing for the parts from napa and 4Wheelonline on his truck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.