Help with my L7 design

Participant count
  • Participant list

hoodkid
10+ year member

Got bang?
detroit
I'm making another box for my l7 the design i used from Moe @ 2.95 cb @ 34hz just isnt loud enough so I'm going with kickers design 2.5 cb @ 38hz, but i was wondering how much longer would i have to make the port peice if i want the tuning to be 36 instead?

vzui6v.jpg

where you lookin to hit the lows or the highs? tuning to 34+ is not that good for everyday listening. i would make just what kicker says. they have three diff boxs for the L7, make the bigest one.

I did do the biggest one and didnt like how it sounded, and i asked around and heard that L7's start to "shine" in the 35+ up range

I'm making another box for my l7 the design i used from Moe @ 2.95 cb @ 34hz just isnt loud enough so I'm going with kickers design 2.5 cb @ 38hz

i thought you have not make the kicker one yet, only moe's?

they recommend 3.25 but 2.95 to me was fairley close, and i heard a similar setup at 2.5 @ 38hz and it was way louder than mine

ok, kickers largest for a 12 L7 is 3.25 @ 37 Hz, for kicker subs i go by their specs and i have herd them get crazy loud. idk why kicker always tunes pretty high. cause i know JL and other companies tune low. so i would just make that 3.25 @37. if you want more lows then go with a moe design and tune to about 32Hz. from my understanding, tuning lower with let you hit the lows more. tuning for 35+ is manily used with test tones for competitions and that box will only sound good at that one Hz. more air space lets the sub move more producing more SPL. if you want to do some reading search for threads, they are lots.

well im going to use trial and error on this box and want it to be 2.5 @ 36, and i have talked to people who have contratsed low & high tunings with kickers and most people like the higher tunes with kickers

i would agree, i made the bigest box kicker recommends for a 10L7 and its only getting 500 watts and it does some damage. and it sounds very nice for every day driving.

the larger box will give you more output, but going way too big like 8 cubs + will not give that much output at all cause there will not be enough resistance in the box.

I think im going to just do 2.5 @ 38 and see how it works, out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif, still would like to make it 37hz instead, fi my port peice is suppose to be 15.75 long and i make it 16.25 what do you think my tuning would be?

im not sure, i have not learned to design boxes yet, im very good at making them and i understand the relation between box size and tuning Hz, so soon i will be learning how to design and tune a box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.