Help with mounting...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Eggroll

RingsOfSaturn>your music
I have an enclosure built by CSCStang (amazing btw). It looks kinda like this:

bbox-pro-series-dual-10-inch-shared-vent-subwoofer-enclosure-charcoal_294951.jpg

Info: 38x16x20 5.67 gross volume 3.8 net (1.9 per sub) 54.3 square inches of port. 13.77 per cube. Tuned to 32hz

Question: How can I mount/un-mount the subwoofers (65lb DSS Ethos 12") without taking out the 200 pound box from the car? Is there a certain method to put them on with boxes like these or is facing upwards my only option? (Don't want a hernia so young)

I take out all the screws but the bottom one. Then hold the sub and take out the bottom screw and remove subwoofer.
Wow that sounds pretty sweet. Any tricks to getting them back in? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Wow that sounds pretty sweet. Any tricks to getting them back in? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Depends how much room u got. If u can slid the woofer in and then hold it with your feet while u put in the first bottom screw

I need like a mini-jack... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

In my old wall I used a hook in the roof of my wall and a ratchet strap to hold my woofer in place while I screwed it in lol.

In my box I used a piece of styrofoam just the right size to set magnet side on and it slid back in the box supporting the sub as I pushed sub in and once i tightened the screws it lifted sub off foam and I tied a string to it so I could pull it out the port. My sub weighs I think 90 lbs so it was a ***** period. Just be very careful as one slip is all it takes to do some real damage. Good luck.

In my box I used a piece of styrofoam just the right size to set magnet side on and it slid back in the box supporting the sub as I pushed sub in and once i tightened the screws it lifted sub off foam and I tied a string to it so I could pull it out the port. My sub weighs I think 90 lbs so it was a ***** period. Just be very careful as one slip is all it takes to do some real damage. Good luck.
^ That's a pretty good idea I was thinking about something like that. I hope I can find foam that can hold a 65lb sub yet be able to be pulled from a 3" port on the inside XD

It's probably only about three inches you need I would think ? Lay your sub on side tilt it up level and measure . And cut a piece and put it through your port to make sure it will fit . But even if it has to be bigger you can always wore wrapped around the middle of the block and pull it through the styrofoam cutting it in two and then **** it out with the shop vac ? Just an idea ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's probably only about three inches you need I would think ? Lay your sub on side tilt it up level and measure . And cut a piece and put it through your port to make sure it will fit . But even if it has to be bigger you can always wore wrapped around the middle of the block and pull it through the styrofoam cutting it in two and then **** it out with the shop vac ? Just an idea ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like this guy^ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif i'll see what I can do thank you!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.